Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Sam Adams glass

Virtuoso

Sam Adams glass

I've had the good fortune to get ahold of a couple of these Sam Adams glasses and I am a believer. I compared the Sam glass to a pint glass, a Krucovice pilsner glass I brought back from Slovakia and a few other glasses and the Sam glass beat 'em all. Bigger flavors, nose, everything was just better. Astonishing! I was skeptical but damn if the Sam glass didn't beat 'em all by a country mile. Big cheers to whomever designed this glass.
    If you get a chance to buy one, just do it. No more to say, trust me on this one.

Cheers!

Guru

Re: Sam Adams glass

Quote Originally Posted by Luna56 View Post
    I've had the good fortune to get ahold of a couple of these Sam Adams glasses and I am a believer. I compared the Sam glass to a pint glass, a Krucovice pilsner glass I brought back from Slovakia and a few other glasses and the Sam glass beat 'em all. Bigger flavors, nose, everything was just better. Astonishing! I was skeptical but damn if the Sam glass didn't beat 'em all by a country mile. Big cheers to whomever designed this glass.
    If you get a chance to buy one, just do it. No more to say, trust me on this one.

Cheers!
    I've had a similar experience and I simply like the way the glass fits in my hand. Well worth picking up a few, folks.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

I have one and will probably break down and get more. I like 'em.
    tl; dnr

Enthusiast

I agree that the engineered glass does make a noticeable difference in the nose, flavor and texture; however, I will warn you, it does not improve all beers. it makes a noticeable change, but some beers I definitely prefer in a standard pint glass after heads up testing.

Disciple

I like them too. A bar near my office stopped carrying Sam Adams on draft and the barmaid gave me six of these glasses. I use this probably 50% of the time when drinking beer, a pint glass 40% of the time, and a snifter 10% of the time. I have some other beer glasses that are used occasionally, but stick to those three for the most part.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Don't tell Mr. Marriott, but one of these "fell" into my suitcase for the trip back home... You people are a bad influence on me...
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Taster

I was given one as a gift, and I have to say, it does its job very well. I'll probably grab a couple more if I can find them on the cheap. I don't really drink enough beer to warrant spending a lot of money on glasses.
    "They say some of my stars drink whiskey. But I have found that the ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games." - Casey Stengal

Enthusiast

If you take the Sam Adams Brewery Tour in Boston you can get a free glass at a local Pub if you buy a Sam Adams draft beer. Did this a few weeks ago, and got 5 total since they gave us glasses for the 3 kids we had along as well. Something like $16 to buy one at the gift shop...

I like them a lot and they are my new go-to for craft beer.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob View Post
    If you take the Sam Adams Brewery Tour in Boston you can get a free glass at a local Pub if you buy a Sam Adams draft beer. Did this a few weeks ago, and got 5 total since they gave us glasses for the 3 kids we had along as well. Something like $16 to buy one at the gift shop...

I like them a lot and they are my new go-to for craft beer.
    This is how I picked up a couple of them as well. I think they're great for casual drinking. I like the feel of them and use them often sitting out drinking with friends. If I'm really paying attention to my beer, though, I still prefer a tulip or snifter (or gueuze glass).