Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    365

    Whiskey Advocate Fall 2012: "Exploring Bourbon"

    Just recv'd this in mail today. Cover article is "Exploring Bourbon: Sour mash explained, Bourbon cocktails, Kentucky leak hunters, and where your bourbon really comes from".

    Interesting reading and esp. article by Chuck titled "Who Made My Bourbon?" which explores the mysteries as to who really "made" that bourbon, and the murky provenance of some bourbon names.

    Full page ad for Larceny, which I've yet to see in ATL, but can't wait to try.

    Highly recommend this issue: many good reads, and I'm just getting started. Looks like a 3 pour night.

    Cheers,
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

    William Faulkner

  2. #2
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Whiskey Advocate Fall 2012: "Exploring Bourbon"

    Larceny hits ATL in october. Ill have a bottle in hand tomorrow, along with a parker heritage 4 grain. stop on by big boy
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

  3. #3
    Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Just East of the Big Chicken, GA
    Posts
    6,028

    Re: Whiskey Advocate Fall 2012: "Exploring Bourbon"

    Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant man View Post
    Larceny hits ATL in october. Ill have a bottle in hand tomorrow, along with a parker heritage 4 grain. stop on by big boy
    You mean boys, I hope?
    JOE

    Wag more.
    Bark less.

    "Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

  4. #4
    Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,347

    Re: Whiskey Advocate Fall 2012: "Exploring Bourbon"

    Oh man - if I have to wait until October, I almost don't want to know what it tastes like What do we need to do to get the state to move a little more quickly on this nonsense (assuming it is the state because whenever they are involved . . . the delays seem to be them!)
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

  5. #5
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kilgore, TX
    Posts
    686

    Re: Whiskey Advocate Fall 2012: "Exploring Bourbon"

    I've been considering subscribing, but wmpevans' post made me fall onto the "do it now" category. Thanks!
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

  6. #6
    Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    2,347

    Re: Whiskey Advocate Fall 2012: "Exploring Bourbon"

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Blacksmith View Post
    I've been considering subscribing, but wmpevans' post made me fall onto the "do it now" category. Thanks!
    Fair warning - I'd say 70% of the articles are on Scotch, with the other 30% divided amongst Irish, Japanese, and American whiskey. I'm a subscriber, but only because we had a gift offer (buy one, get one free) so I'd have something to talk to my dad about. Not that the articles aren't good/interesting - but of the half-dozen mags I've gotten, this one is an exception in terms of focusing on bourbon.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

  7. #7
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    927

    Re: Whiskey Advocate Fall 2012: "Exploring Bourbon"

    Lew did a great article on what sour mash is. A lot of people do not understand it. I think any micro distiller worth his salt, should laminate it and study it.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. "neat" vs. "straight", vs. "on the rocks"
    By Randy_Ricchi in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 17:42
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 20:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top