Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Enthusiast

Hello from Pittsburgh

I've been lurking on this site for a couple of months now, and it has been an excellent resource for a noob like myself. Especially, the history of various brands and distilleries...very fascinating stuff.

Blanton's was the first whiskey I ever drank that made me think, WOW, this actually tastes really good. From that point on the bug was planted and over the course of this year bourbon has become my new obession. I'm shocked at how fast I went from drinking it on the rocks to always neat I've tried most all that's available in this state controlled bourbon prison I live in and, so far my favorites are Elmer T Lee and Four Roses Single Barrel

Also, I have been an avid cigar smoker for a number of years, and have found that bourbon complements cigars wonderfully

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to contributing

Cheers!

Jason

Disciple

Re: Hello from Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by qman22 View Post
    I've been lurking on this site for a couple of months now, and it has been an excellent resource for a noob like myself. Especially, the history of various brands and distilleries...very fascinating stuff.

Blanton's was the first whiskey I ever drank that made me think, WOW, this actually tastes really good. From that point on the bug was planted and over the course of this year bourbon has become my new obession. I'm shocked at how fast I went from drinking it on the rocks to always neat I've tried most all that's available in this state controlled bourbon prison I live in and, so far my favorites are Elmer T Lee and Four Roses Single Barrel

Also, I have been an avid cigar smoker for a number of years, and have found that bourbon complements cigars wonderfully

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to contributing

Cheers!

Jason
    Welcome to the site! ETL and FRSB are standard pours when I have a bottle of either open.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Hi Jason and welcome to the site, I hope you post often. There is a reason why you like both Blanton's and ETL they come from the same mashbill. I like FRSB too they just discontinued it in my state. . It was only here for a year. Work your way around the site ask questions. Bourbon is best enjoyed with friends come join us in chat pour a drink and belly up for some good conversation.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Enthusiast

Jason,
    You'll love this site! Go Mountaineer's ... except next Saturday ... then its GO HERD!
    Sto lat!!!

bllygthrd

Disciple

Welcome aboard. I travel to Pittsburgh 2-3 times a year, but it's one of the few places I go where I have to make sure to pack my own bourbon, because I'm not going to like the prices or selection when I get there.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bllygthrd View Post
    Jason,
    You'll love this site! Go Mountaineer's ... except next Saturday ... then its GO HERD!

Hopefully we wont have any crazy weather like last year. This is Marshall's last chance to beat us for a while, so I have a feeling it will be closer than what the point spead would suggest.

Advanced Taster

I've tried most all that's available in this state controlled bourbon prison I live in and, so far my favorites are Elmer T Lee and Four Roses Single Barrel

Jason - welcome! at least you aren't in Ohio. I make the trek to Mercer Co. PA a few times a year to buy what I can't get here.

Wish I was in the 'burg with you - been gone 35 years - but still a Yinzer

/Ed