Hello everybody and thanks for having me on the forum. Got to meet a few people on chat and so far a nice bunch of people. Looking forward to meeting more people in chat as well as in person hopefully.

So just a little about me. My name is William and I live in Honolulu, HI. Up until a few years ago I wasn't a fan of hard liquor in general. Got hammered on schnapps and cheap tequila a few too many times when I was younger . A while back I decided to get a bottle of Glenlivet from the supermarket. It wasn't the greatest stuff in the world but it was good enough to make me realize how much better a good whiskey could be. The next trip to to a good liquor store the owner convinced me to buy a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. Tried it and I was hooked. Now I have several dozen bottles of various whiskies on the shelf. My current favorites are Ardbeg bottlings and ryes. I only have three bourbons in my collection but looking to expand as i clear out some bottles. Thanks all for sharing your wisdom, time and opinions for all to see.

William

P.S. In the interest of full disclosure I am also exploring the possibility of starting up a distillery here in Hawaii with an eye on corn and/or bourbon whiskey.