Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

Aloha from Hawaii

Hello everybody and thanks for having me on the forum. Got to meet a few people on chat and so far a nice bunch of people. Looking forward to meeting more people in chat as well as in person hopefully.

So just a little about me. My name is William and I live in Honolulu, HI. Up until a few years ago I wasn't a fan of hard liquor in general. Got hammered on schnapps and cheap tequila a few too many times when I was younger . A while back I decided to get a bottle of Glenlivet from the supermarket. It wasn't the greatest stuff in the world but it was good enough to make me realize how much better a good whiskey could be. The next trip to to a good liquor store the owner convinced me to buy a bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail. Tried it and I was hooked. Now I have several dozen bottles of various whiskies on the shelf. My current favorites are Ardbeg bottlings and ryes. I only have three bourbons in my collection but looking to expand as i clear out some bottles. Thanks all for sharing your wisdom, time and opinions for all to see.

William

P.S. In the interest of full disclosure I am also exploring the possibility of starting up a distillery here in Hawaii with an eye on corn and/or bourbon whiskey.

Disciple

Re: Aloha from Hawaii

William,welcome to the site.Good luck with your future endeavors and welcome the endless knowledge this site will provide you with open arms.I hope to see you around in chat again sometime soon.

Advanced Taster

Aloha, William,

Enjoy your bourbon journey. Look me up whenever you're on the Big Island. I've always got something interesting to sip: now working on a bottle of Four Roses 100th Anniversary, 17 years old/108 proof.

Cheers!

Connoisseur

Thanks marco would be nice to meet other members. Let me know if your ever on Oahu. Haven't tried 4R yet but looking at it the next time a place an online order.