Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Enthusiast

Heaven Hill White Label 6YO BIB ... RIP?

The wife and I made a trip to Kentucky today for a bourbon run [she has fallen in love with BT Bourbon Cream].

I was running low on HH White Label 6YO BIB, and intended to pick up a handle ... to my surprise ...

The 1.75 L HH White Label BIB no longer has a 6YO moniker.

The 1 L HH White Label BIB has the 6YO moniker, but instead of stating "Distilled and Bottled by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Bardstown, Nelson County, Kentucky", it states, "Distilled in Kentucky, Bottled by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Bardstown, Nelson County, Kentucky".

I hate change ...
    Sto lat!!!

bllygthrd

Re: Heaven Hill White Label 6YO BIB ... RIP?

I would say this is a label change, it hasn't been distilled at Bardstown since 1996. They started distilling it at Bernheim in 98 or 99 do the math.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bllygthrd View Post
    The wife and I made a trip to Kentucky today for a bourbon run [she has fallen in love with BT Bourbon Cream].

I was running low on HH White Label 6YO BIB, and intended to pick up a handle ... to my surprise ...

The 1.75 L HH White Label BIB no longer has a 6YO moniker.

The 1 L HH White Label BIB has the 6YO moniker, but instead of stating "Distilled and Bottled by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Bardstown, Nelson County, Kentucky", it states, "Distilled in Kentucky, Bottled by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Bardstown, Nelson County, Kentucky".

I hate change ...
    The loss of the 6 year age statement on the 1.75 ml would appear to be a real change.

There were rumors in Bardstown last Sampler that the 6 year HH BIB was going bye bye and only the 90 proof 6 year would remain. I'm thinking the 1.75 ml you saw is new and if 6 is not on the label then it's not 6 years old. The 1 L is just then surviving older stock soon to be gone too. That would be a shame as the HH 4 year BIB is still quite raw (I'm being polite) and the 2 extra years with the 6 year is a great example of what 2 years does. The wording change to "Distilled in Kentucky..." has been around since at least last year KBF time, based on the liter bottle I bought then.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Virtuoso

There's always Fighting Cock, if you can find it.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.