Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: BOTM 9/12: Evan Williams BIB AND Heaven Hill BIB

Yes BIB stands for bottled in bond,they are known to be great value pours.Welcome to the board.

Advanced Taster

BIB = bottled in bond.

Disciple

I picked up a bottle of HH6 BIB (white label.) I enjoyed my first pour of it last night and I'll have a couple more before the month is over. I wish this was something that was more readily available. I can already say that for the price, it would never be missing from my shelf.

Virtuoso

I like the HH BIB. It's great for under $10. But I didn't know there was an EW BIB!

Taster
    I love the HHWL BIB. Mainly, I think, due to the six years of age. I would be cautious to buy the EW BIB because I think I've already had it in the form of Dant BIB, JTSB BIB, HH Gold BIB etc.. I mean, how can they be THAT different.
    Lurk on
    Is not posting on a thread a bad thing when you're not an expert on the given topic?
    Lurk off

Quote Originally Posted by the Duff View Post
    I love the HHWL BIB. Mainly, I think, due to the six years of age. I would be cautious to buy the EW BIB because I think I've already had it in the form of Dant BIB, JTSB BIB, HH Gold BIB etc.. I mean, how can they be THAT different.
    I'll have a bottle at the Iowa get together and you can see for yourself.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Connoisseur

I find the EW BIB (EWW) to be a bit young and corny, but that it goes great on the rocks. Nice pour when I don't want to think too much about what I'm drinking, and just enjoy it with a smoke on the back deck.
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

Disciple

Bidding farewell to September with a pour of HH white label in a Glencairn while I switch back and forth between football and the Ryder Cup. I have had a few drinks from this bottle this week. I still think it's a really great value, one that I will definitely replace when it's gone. To me, labeling this whiskey "Heaven Hill" instead of one of their many other brands seems appropriate - the HH minty character is very present, from the nose to the finish. I get a lot of nutty flavors in the palate, a little sweetness, and a nice amount of burn.

Having gotten to know this one a little bit, I'd like to try some of the other HH BIB expressions to see what different flavor profiles they're pulling off through barrel selection.

Thanks to Joe and this thread for inspiring me to order this bottle. It's something I should have tried years ago. Cheers!

Enthusiast

I noticed a few weeks ago that EW BIB is on the shelves in Michigan!

I'm going to grab a bottle and report back with my findings. I'm a big fan of the black label.
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut

My mainstays for the last year have been Rittenhouse Rye BIB (when I can get it) and the EW BIB. I sip them both neat with a little splash of water in either a rocks glass or a small brandy snifter. The EW BIB pairs wonderfully with a good cigar. I enjoy the higher-shelf bourbons, but usually buy the value stuff, and the EW BIB is the best value at my local liquor store (it's about $13). I picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare Single Barrel a couple weeks ago, and personally, I think the EW BIB is every bit as good.