Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Hello from Detroit

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say a quick hello. After years of being obsessed with Tequila the Bourbon bug has now gotten to me.

I'm just starting out so go easy on me lol. I was in Vegas last month for my birthday and ended up at a bourbon bar with my boss, who is a big bourbon fan. Once we came back I wanted to buy him a nice bottle for his birthday so I picked up a bottle of Bookers for him, which we tasted, now I am hooked. I absolutely love Bookers. So now I am out to try anything and everything. Just picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig 12yr which I like a lot. The quest begins...

Re: Hello from Detroit

Welcome to the site I hope you enjoy your time here. Keep us up to date on your journey, post a lot and ask as many question as you like. Bourbon is best enjoyed with friends so pour one and come join us in chat some time.

By the way we have a lot of MI members including Detroit. So keep your eyes on the social forum as they like to get together for food and drinks. Watch that ACDetroit fella though.
    Last edited by p_elliott; 08-27-2012 at 08:20.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

More competition!

But seriously, welcome! We do like each other's company for the most part and we all socialize frequently. Watch the Bourbon Social section!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Virtuoso

I was thinking the same thing Josh, that is funny.

But yes, welcome from another SE Michigan guy. Glad to have you here and happy hunting.

Best regards, Tony

Advanced Taster

Competition lol.

Thanks so much guys. Looking forward to the adventure.

Guru

Booker's and EC12, yep that's how it begins, welcome aboard and see ya 'round the block.
    ovh

Advanced Taster

SO what would you guys recommend as far as bottles that are somewhat similar to Booker's in their flavor profile? I love the balance between the heat and sweetness, and it's not too dry on the finish. Thanks!

Guru

Pick up a Four Roses Single Barrel and if you can find it an Old Rip Van Winkle 10yo 107prf, if not get an Old Weller Antique 107 and Wild Turkey Rare Breed is very good too.
    ovh

Advanced Taster

Great, thanks for the tips. Was staring down a bottle of Four Roses today actually. Can't find any ORVW here but I think I can get the Old Weller Antique. I will try all those out.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Pick up a Four Roses Single Barrel and if you can find it an Old Rip Van Winkle 10yo 107prf, if not get an Old Weller Antique 107 and Wild Turkey Rare Breed is very good too.
    What he said. Good luck hunting! You might also try Old Grand-Dad 114. Cheap, very good and high proof!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog