Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Furlongs, week 3

I ate dinner AGAIN at Furlongs on Sunday night. After my skimpy bourbon experience at Harper's on Saturday night, I decided to go back to Furlongs on Sunday night.

What can I say? This place is great, bourbon-wise and food-wise. Amy was the bartender; her pours, while less than Shelley's on Thursday nights, are still very good and are much better than average. It's getting scary. They remember my drinks and my salad dressing choices.

Over my last two visits, I finished off their Ezra Brooks SB 15 yo. Honestly, folks, I am not getting sh*t faced here. I "just" get two drinks. The bottles were low anyway and I happened to be the lucky soul who cleaned them out of Pappy 20 yo, ORVW 12 yo, and EBSB 15 yo over the last couple weeks.

You might wonder why I wasn't eating dinner at the homes of my many relatives in L'ville. Well, I had plenty of offers, but I explained that I wanted to leave my Dad's nursing home when I felt ready (I didn't want to be rushed to make it to a relative's home on time) and that I needed a good meal with great service (ok, and bourbon) to relax and to pamper myself. Fortunately, my relatives understood completely and did not lay a guilt trip on me.

Enthusiast

Re: Furlongs, week 3

Sounds like you've been cutting a swath through their supply. Thank goodness it's the Furlongs in Louisville.... I'm relieved since I'm heading to their Lexington location in a couple of weeks and I want SOMETHING left on their top shelf!!

Virtuoso

Re: Furlongs, week 3

Enjoy yourself, Dave. The food is really good. I tried many things, but my favorite, so far, was the stuffed catfish. I mostly stuck to the specials, but I had the stuffed catfish twice off the regular menu.

I also tried the appetizer platter. It was very good as well.

Let us know how the pours are.

Administrator in exile

Re: What are you drinking, yet AGAIN!!!

ORVW 10yo 107 proof. This is hitting the spot after an incredibly crazy day at the office. I'll be back later, as I think this bourbon is just screeming for a macanudo

Advanced Taster

To night it's to help along an open bottle of EB Single barrel #82 15year , a good pour of Polar Golden Ginger Ale and 3 cubes all in a middium size old drinking glass....
    Aaaahhhhhh! Life is good ...
    Bill G.

Guru

Re: What are you drinking,yet AGAIN! B-Day Bourbon

The pic says it all. Just opened the bottle my wife brought home for me today, I figured hey, B-day in 2 days, why not have Birthday bourbon! I cannot wait for the new 2003 release in a month... Let's hope they do just as good with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru

You really know how to live -- OFBB in the foreground (love that wide-angle look), with a supporting cast of Stagg, Hirsch and WT12.

BTW, that's a nice photographic touch with the alignment of the glass and the Stagg, too.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Guru

WT Russell's Reserve.

I keep telling myself that I don't really like RR all that much. So why can't I get enough, once I start drinking it?

I did finally do a side-by-side with WT 101 recently. The RR is defintely smoother, yet richer in flavor, although it's hard to justify a price almost double that of WT 101 (considering the recurring sale price of $12.99 on WT 101 at Rite-Aid).

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Guru

You must be in whiskey heaven, Dave. I have to pay $19 for WT101.

Tim

Guru

I think I've seen it for even more than $19 in some of our snootier liquor outlets, such as Morey's Liquor, down in Belmont Shore, close to the ocean. Hi-Time in Costa Mesa has it for $18.

However, I'll stick with Rite-Aid as long as they keep running that periodic special of $12.99. (I always pick up a bottle when the special runs, whether I need it or not.) Failing that, Trader Joe's has had it for $13.99 for quite some time now. However, they are notorious for ceasing to stock a product without warning whenever their low-priced source peters out.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield