Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Worst Bourbon you ever tried ?

Quote Originally Posted by black mamba View Post
    But the only whiskey I ever gave away was a recent bottle of Rebel Yell. It was weak and bland and just yuck, and I gave it to my son-in-law.
    I will second this-the badness not the giving away- and while it wasn't the worst ever, the most disappointing was Rebel Reserve. Didn't expect much and it delivered less. Flat, thin boring and whatever "extra age" it had over Reb Yell must have been measured in minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dusty View Post
    I will second this-the badness not the giving away- and while it wasn't the worst ever, the most disappointing was Rebel Reserve. Didn't expect much and it delivered less. Flat, thin boring and whatever "extra age" it had over Reb Yell must have been measured in minutes.
    Tried a bottle of the Reb Yell Reserve from a promotion a local store has for a "bourbon of the month." It was rough. Let's just say I was much happier when they had Woodford Reserve for $25 and EWSB for $19.

Advanced Taster

So a couple years ago I tried EC 12. It was by far the worst I ever tasted. Like burnt leather.

But recently I tried the latest batch. Wow! What a difference. I would say it could easily be in the top 5 I ever had. So the lesson leaned from all this is to try at least 2 before you give it the ultimate thumbs down.

Guru

Good advise Bill, one shouldn't be too hasty in dismissing these things.

Novice

Kentucky Gentleman. I bought a bottle to make bourbon slushes, (I have a great recipe if anyone wants it), and made the mistake of trying some before mixing. It's truly, the worst "bourbon" that I've ever had.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Skinsfan1311 View Post
    Kentucky Gentleman. I bought a bottle to make bourbon slushes, (I have a great recipe if anyone wants it), and made the mistake of trying some before mixing. It's truly, the worst "bourbon" that I've ever had.
    At the Sampler last year an interloper commented, after seeing that we were all drinking bourbons, that he had tried Kentucky Gentleman and thought it was pretty rough. I replied, "He's no gentleman, he's an asshole." Thought that summed it up.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Guru

It's the nature of a blend like Kentucky Gentleman to be rough because the GNS that makes up most of the blend is almost pure alcohol straight off the still.

Some asshole to be unnamed put ghost peppers in OGD. I had To rinse my mouth out for 20 min and get a new glass. Very funny.
    Last edited by p_elliott; 03-26-2013 at 04:06.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

That good-looking asshole also clearly labeled that bottle of (86 proof) Old Granddad as being infused with ghost peppers! Caveat potator!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

Anybody who would adulterate Old Grand Dad should be . . . well . . . chastised.