Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    The Voshole

Re: Worst Bourbon you ever tried ?

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    I can't remember the thread, but another member here was inquiring about Cody Road once. The response Vosgar posted was, "Avoid it like the plague."
    I sincerely hope it's gotten better since that batch 1 bottle I bought almost 2 years ago. The distillery is only a couple of hours away from me and I'd really like to see them put out a quality product and do well. They're buying grain locally and doing their own distilling, but they need to age it longer and in standard size barrels, IMHO
    "Bottom line: sometimes things work out this way in life. It doesn't matter how well you've planned; you're just f**ked, and that's that" - The Boss

Enthusiast

Townhouse, an old Safeway brand, worst thing ever.

Connoisseur

Of the many bottles I've opened, the only one I've given away is a Willett Pot Still.
    - H

Enthusiast

Just read the WHOLE thread (baseball can't get here soon enough). I echo what garbonzobean wrote a while back --

One of my local purveyors told me I'd like Pepper 1776 Straight B. I didn't. I finished that bottle but won't drink it again. The only shot I've ever ordered and NOT finished in my 45+ years of bourbon was a neat Black Maple Hill.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Harry in WashDC View Post
    Just read the WHOLE thread (baseball can't get here soon enough). I echo what garbonzobean wrote a while back --

One of my local purveyors told me I'd like Pepper 1776 Straight B. I didn't. I finished that bottle but won't drink it again. The only shot I've ever ordered and NOT finished in my 45+ years of bourbon was a neat Black Maple Hill.
    I'm not nearly as seasoned as many of the bourbon drinkers on this site, but Pepper 1776 is the only bourbon I've tried that I did not want to finish. It tasted sour, almost like pickle juice. Just dreadful to me.

not bourbon but I am coming to hate Dickel 9 yr and 14 yr.. I have a 9 yr barrel pick that none of my friends will drink, they have all poured it out.. My local got 3 samples of 14 yr dickel to pick a barrel and I poured all 3 pours out without even finishing them.. with the exception of one they were completely undrinkable..

Guru

Shoulda sent em to the fox!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MyOldKyDram View Post
    Shoulda sent em to the fox!

yeah, send them to me......I've been buying every one I can get my hands on

tastes are HIGHLY subjective. You thoroughly despise my favorite whiskey, and I probably dislike something you like as well. no biggie.

If we all liked the same thing, imagine how hard it would be to find that one bourbon/whiskey!

Ive been stockpiling them because Im not sure theyll be continually released. They dont seem to move really well here in KY at least, and since retailers had to buy an entire barrels worth to get any, I doubt many retailers will take that deal in the future, seeing as how they kinda sit on shelves for a while. The TPS stock is moving very slowly. This problem is in my favor right now, but I am betting that once theyre gone, theyre gone altogether.
    Last edited by 393foureyedfox; 01-21-2014 at 12:00.

Virtuoso

Really couldn't think of a Bourbon or Rye that was truly awful every time I tasted it..... until last weekend when a friend brought some Hookers House Rye to a tasting at the barn. Truly a vile and puke worthy pour. No one cared for it at all and no one took a second sip. Just ghastly garbage. This was beyond just not caring for or enjoying a pour of something, you could hair lip the entire state of Georgia if you had enough of this crap.

Guru

You would think they would choose a more successful general but perhaps it's only his name that counted.
    We're Bourbon Geeks, it's who we are, it's what we do.