Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 26 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

I met up with a fellow member in Chattanooga last night to watch the WS and we tapped into some samples that I brought with. On the menu was some Julio's Weller Centennial 13yr, PHC Cognac, ORVW 10/107 2006, Kenwood Liquors EC18, EBSG McKenna BIB SB, 1789b FR OESF, Saz 18 2009, WTRR101, and Adam brought some Blanton's barrel proof at 133.2. Lot's of great bourbon and better watching Detroit get whipped!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    I met up with a fellow member in Chattanooga last night to watch the WS and we tapped into some samples that I brought with. On the menu was some Julio's Weller Centennial 13yr, PHC Cognac, ORVW 10/107 2006, Kenwood Liquors EC18, EBSG McKenna BIB SB, 1789b FR OESF, Saz 18 2009, WTRR101, and Adam brought some Blanton's barrel proof at 133.2. Lot's of great bourbon and better watching Detroit get whipped!
    You guys were drinking pretty good. Save me a sample of the Centennial!

Guru

Finished another bottle of Ancient Age BIB last night and was pleased to discover that I still have two left instead of one, as I had thought. Virginia Gentleman 90 is on the chopping block for tonight.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Advanced Taster

Put a good slug of Vintage 17 down last night. Every time I have a pour of this Wheater I'm just thankful I have five bottles bunkered. The final pour was a game letting the girlfriend blindly pick something. I really enjoyed what she chose and was shocked to find out after that it was the 2011 Birthday Bourbon. I initially hated this bottling but hadn't touched it in almost a year. I think some air has really helped this iteration. It has that typical Brown Foreman artificial sweetness to it but seems to be much more complex than I remember it.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy."
    -Frank Sinatra

Virtuoso

PHC 2012 this afternoon on a beautiful Michigan afternoon. Great, great bourbon.

Best regards, Tony

Evan Williams 2012 Single Barrel and this particular one is exceptional. Barreled 4-18-02. Lots of the flavors I like. Surprising degree of complexity for low cost product. Perfect age for this product. I'm going to get a few more from this barrel before they clear off the shelf.

Virtuoso

VOB BIB tonight with lots of ice. First glass of bourbon I've had in several weeks.

Enthusiast

Rock Hill Farms K&L barrel. This was my first RHF, so I've never had the standard release to compare it too. I think it's excellent. Not exactly cheap, but I think it has out-shined a few of the more expensive limited bourbons I've opened lately.

I also want to pat myself on the back. It was my friend who picked this up and I was over at his place. All I knew is that he came home with something new, I told him to serve it to me blind first. I pegged it as a high rye bourbon at 100 proof

Guru

Good ol' WT101 last night, except that it didn't taste as good to me (or my friend) as it usually does. Strange how that happens sometimes.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

PHC 6th last night,I just can't get enough of this stuff.I followed up with a Hancock's Pres. Resv. TPS fruity and good in its own right,but still fails in comparison to the PHC.I have yet to crack my 12' FR releases, so far the PHC is the best whiskey I've tried all year.
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski