Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 46 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

Had some Ritt 21 and Ritt BIB while watching the game. Guess I was feeling some heaven hill since I was too tired to drive out to the Bernie Lubbers dinner tonight. Had 11 mile run today in prep for a half marathon on thanksgiving. Last day of drinking for a week
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Connoisseur

Getting a head start on the weekend with a nice pour of BTEC Wheat on Rye (TPS). Rich and creamy, even at barrel proof.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Just returned from a Bourbon Dinner at a local restaurant that was hosted by the restaurant and my local whiskey monger. Jimmy, me and our wives had a great time. Heaven Hill whiskies were featured, with Bernie Lubbers at the helm. Bernie has a new spiel that he is doing for HH, called "The Evolution of Bourbon Flight". Vintage Bernie all the way, which is a very entertaining thing. Did a very nice job. So, it was Trybox Corn, Mellow Corn BIB, EC12 Cask Strength, EW BIB White Label, Rittenhouse BIB, and Larceny for me tonight. Interestingly, Bernie insisted the EW BIB was a 5 yr old. Also, the HH rep brought over a pour that he wanted to see if we could identify. Crap that is hard. Brain was going everywhere from, "this is a trick question, he's fu@$#*$ with me, and it's really a scotch", to trying to out-think myself. I wiffed, of course. It was the 2012 PHC. My guess was embarrassing... Really a great time, and Bernie Lubbers is a true credit to this industry. And, I mean that sincerely. The guy really loves this stuff, and it shows.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Advanced Taster

Some Rittenhouse BiB.
    Women without whiskey...
    Women without whiskey...
    Whiskey's hard to beat.
    - Drive By Truckers

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Just returned from a Bourbon Dinner at a local restaurant that was hosted by the restaurant and my local whiskey monger. Jimmy, me and our wives had a great time. Heaven Hill whiskies were featured, with Bernie Lubbers at the helm. Bernie has a new spiel that he is doing for HH, called "The Evolution of Bourbon Flight". Vintage Bernie all the way, which is a very entertaining thing. Did a very nice job. So, it was Trybox Corn, Mellow Corn BIB, EC12 Cask Strength, EW BIB White Label, Rittenhouse BIB, and Larceny for me tonight. Interestingly, Bernie insisted the EW BIB was a 5 yr old. Also, the HH rep brought over a pour that he wanted to see if we could identify. Crap that is hard. Brain was going everywhere from, "this is a trick question, he's fu@$#*$ with me, and it's really a scotch", to trying to out-think myself. I wiffed, of course. It was the 2012 PHC. My guess was embarrassing... Really a great time, and Bernie Lubbers is a true credit to this industry. And, I mean that sincerely. The guy really loves this stuff, and it shows.
    When I met with Bernie yesterday and asked when the dsp-1 Ritt was gonna drop he said "a long time from now". I asked " it would seem obvious with the extra capacity at bernheim you would switch" aparently it's not necessarily so. In fact it caused me to wonder if BF is still contract distilling for Ritt bib then that means there may not be any intent of switching.

Oh and since this is a Thread about what u are drinking, I just switched to the Chops single barrel 4 roses
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Connoisseur

Having my first tasting of TPS 4RSB. Slight heat on the tip of my tongue at first but quickly smoothes out to a long mellow finish. I usually have my pours with a cube or two but always have the first couple of pours straight. Definitely some good juice.
    Peggy: Look Al, the rubes think I'm sexy!
    Al: So would I if I had whiskey for breakfast.

Advanced Taster

2008 PVW 15. Slightly disappointed with the Sazerac 18; not sure what to do.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant man View Post
    I just switched to the Chops single barrel 4 roses
    Which is fantastic stuff!!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Just returned from a Bourbon Dinner at a local restaurant that was hosted by the restaurant and my local whiskey monger. Jimmy, me and our wives had a great time. ...

Sorry I missed this event. Sounds like the GBS was well represented, and probably on best behavior() since the wives were along.
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

Advanced Taster

Started with some EC12 selected by a store in Southfield MI, always a fav in my book, deciding what to move on to next....