Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 91 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

Going with the PHC 2010 this evening while hanging out in chat.

Best regards, Tony

Connoisseur

Started with a 2009 Mariage and now I'm having an ETL special bottling from Cork and Bottle.

Connoisseur

Congrats, Old Lamplighter!

I'm finishing up a bottle of HH 6yr BIB, and a bag of mini York peppermint patties which were intended as stocking stuffers. Lots o' mint on my tongue right now. I'm a bad Santa.

Guru

What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

Congrats indeed - my kids are still young so hearing that helps remind me to savor this time we have together.
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof

Taster

Black Maple Hill was in the glencairn tonight. Something fruity and odd in that juice. Very interesting and quite enjoyable.

Virtuoso

Have moved on to WT101 while still hanging out in Chat and watching NE get smacked.

Best regards, Tony

Revisiting a bit of weller 12 and trying really hard to finish the last few pours of a CEHT tornado

Taster

Bookers! First taste of the stuff.

Let me set the scene: Company holiday party... I work for a liquor store in NY, so the staff knows how to drink. Party took place at a local restaurant/bar--total townie bar out in the country. They let us bring our own wine and beer, but not booze (if we wanted liquor, had to pay the bar).

I drank a bottle of Veuve Cliquot that we brought and a craft beer. But needed a change of pace. Saddled up the bar. Again, townie/woodchuck bar, but oddly well-equipped with plenty of random liquors (think Licor 43 and Tuaca). I could see a few bourbons, but nothing too exciting. Noticef few bottles hidden in the back, behind the standard stuff. I asked the barmaid to show the hidden bottles--again, nothing too crazy, but a Evan Williams SB and Bakers. Then, bam!, Bookers. Haven't had it, so might as well...

Brand new bottle--she read the price per drink the manager wrote on the bottle ($10) and said it seemed too expensive. Poured a heavy 4-5 oz (to give me money's worth) and I paid the $10. Fair enough.

Fantastic nose. I could't stop nosing, but I really needed some water (which I lacked) to appreciate the palate flavors. Overall, really enjoyed the full pour.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
    Holy shit!! I want to hang with you guys. Did you suffer from palate fatigue?
    The pours were small enough where we got through them all just find. I appreciated the last pour almost as much as the first. Regarding then RR Small Batch Single Barrel...I have no clue what that's about. I believe it was discussed on the thread dedicated to that label, but I don't think anyone came to a conclusion as to why that wording was used.

Connoisseur

Rush St. Manhattan (Gibson's Steakhouse drink; had one there last night). I used Woodford Double Oaked (they use regular WR), Cherry Heering, Carpano Antica sweet vermouth (don't know which one they use); a couple of Luxardo cherries in the bottom.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ