Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

Old Forester 75th Anniversary Repeal Bourbon straight from the bottle. Not bad. Not bad at all.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Finishing up on a really...weird...day, with a stiff pour of OGD 114. Dang, is this fine, fine, whiskey. I find it inexplicable as to why Beam sells such a nicely aged, barrel proof, beautifully packaged, lip-smackingly delicious bourbon, at such an outrageously low price...They must really love us...and, I ain't complaining.

Ya know, Beam takes a lot of crap on these boards. But, when I sit down and think about it, they do a heck of a lot of things "right", by us.
    So true, Joe. I always have a bottle of OGD114 on hand and it seems to be very popular with all of my friends when they visit. We absolutely fly through the stuff and nobody can believe the price when I tell them what I paid for it. Amazingly good value, that's for sure!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Enthusiast

What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

Nice! We've all been there, brother. But, as you probably know, she has parked your transgression away for payback at another time. Them females is sneaky. You know you're going to pay her off eventually! So, celebrate hard now, on your nice haul!
    Luckily she loves GTS and all rye, so he forgave me once she tried the THH. But I'm sure some form of payback is in my future.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I've been banished upstairs, since Mrssmokinjoe has the girlfriends over for a Holiday drunkfest. Watching SNL Christmas on TV (BTW, if you got nuthin' to do, turn it on as it's hilarious!), and ripping through the bunker. B&B OWA is shining, tonight. The New Holland Beer Barrel continues to impress, as well.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

...stiff pour of OGD 114. Dang, is this fine, fine, whiskey. I find it inexplicable as to why Beam sells such a nicely aged, barrel proof, beautifully packaged, lip-smackingly delicious bourbon, at such an outrageously low price...
    Couldn't agree more. Maybe it's a gift like EC18 from HH.

Enthusiast

The New Holland Beer Barrel continues to impress, as well.
    I've had my eye on this at Astor, may have to pick it up. Wanted to see some feedback before making the purchase though, and it seems to be positive so far.

On topic, started out with some OGD 114 tonight, and then moved on to V17. Both great in their own way. Took out the PHC 2012 devil's batch bottle, but that may be pushing it.
    Last edited by jeffrey r; 12-07-2012 at 18:39.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey r View Post
    I've had my eye on this at Astor, may have to pick it up. Wanted to see some feedback before making the purchase though, and it seems to be positive so far.

On topic, started out with some OGD 114 tonight, and then moved on to V17. Both great in their own way. Took out the PHC 2012 devil's batch bottle, but that may be pushing it.
    Qualifier...

I don't mean to overstate the New Holland. I do like it. But, I judge my postitive impression with it is based on a comparison to the Harrison Bourbon (another LDI bourbon). It is definitely better than that. Much better. But, it ain't cheap at $35. So, YMMV. Regardless, it is solid, tasty, and worthy additon to my rotation.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

What bourbon are you drinking today? Autumn '12

Started by sharing a few good pours of PVW 20 with my neighbors, then moved to VWFRR and am now enjoying a healthy pour of Weller 12...also eyeing up HW 16, that would be a nice cap to the wheater/rye evening

Advanced Taster

Some OWA 107 7yr followed by some Lot "B". Good night for some headphones and music.

Apprentice

A nice pour of Buffalo Trace.... I skip past this bottle too often (and shouldn't). This is a solid bourbon at a reasonable price.
    Rob