Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What beer are you drinking - Autumn '12

Cooking dinner, drinking a Trader Joe's 2012 Vintage Ale.

Disciple

Leinenkugel berry weiss. It was a toss up between this and Leinie lemon berry shandy. This won, lemon berry shandy is 2nd and Yuengling black and tan is 3rd!

Thomas

Guru

A flight of beer and donuts at Lexington Beerworks. 3 local beers (Deliberation Amber by West Sixth, Hopfield and McCoy by Alltech, Wham! Stein by Against the Grain) and Oat by Southern Tier. Paired with smoked sausage and cheddar kolache, spicy jalapeño kolache, spice cake donut, and yeast donut with dark chocolate icing.

Guru

Trying to decide if I should open the bottle of Dogfish Head Bitches Brew that I came across yesterday or put it up on the shelf and let it "cook" a while. It was originally released in 2010 to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the debut of Miles Davis' Bitches Brew album but now comes out on a periodic basis apparently.

In the meantime made the mistake of trying the Shock Top pumpkin wheat ale. Not much pumpkin flavor or really anything else. Pretty bland.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

Watching The League and enjoying a Founders Harvest Ale.

Guru

Getting tired of the Oktoberfest beers I've been drinking these last few weeks but I've still got another twelve or so left from the cases I bought. I think I'm ready for some porter and stout.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Geting tired of variety packs showing up once and then disappearing for good. Also tired of new seasonal beers only showing up in variety packs, as Blue Moon caramel apple spice recently did. Sometimes i don't want the variety, only the ones I like!

Thomas

Enthusiast

Enjoyed a pair of great new fruit beers from New Glarus last night, Enigma (a cherry-based sour) and Serendipity, which features cherry, apple and cranberry and will replace the Belgian Red (cherry) in the rotation for the next year because this year's Wisconsin cherry crop had such a poor yield. Both are delicious and I look forward to cracking more in coming weeks.

Also had a pair from Half Acre growlers, Lager Town (their martzen -- last year's was better, but this was still good) and Alpenglo, a nice hoppy brown ale.

And I loved the Three Floyds Rye'd Da Lightning, yet another winning hop-forward ale. Firestone-Walker Double DBA once again showed how well these guys do with barrel-aged beers.

There's nothing like poker night with fellow beer and bourbon enthusiasts!
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Getting tired of the Oktoberfest beers I've been drinking these last few weeks but I've still got another twelve or so left from the cases I bought. I think I'm ready for some porter and stout.
    I'm almost there with you, Hank. But I'm not sure whether it's that I'm getting tired of the Oktoberfest beers, or if it's that I'm just too impatient to get to those porters and stouts?

Anyways, spent the weekend up in the GA mountains at the Oktoberfest festival and went through a ton of different beers. The one that stuck out for me was the Einbecher Ur-Bock Dunkel. Really enjoyed it. While returning back from a visit to a local client, I stopped and grabbed the 2012 New Holland Dragon's Milk and the Oskar Blues Ten Fidy...just cuz I like saying Ten Fiddy......Ten Fidy....Ten FIDy....Yo, Ten FIDY!!!!...
    Last edited by smokinjoe; 10-22-2012 at 15:44.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Disciple

That Ten Fidy is one of my favorite Imperial Stouts out there...so damn good!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!