Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Disciple
    Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Bought two 12-packs of Sierra Nevada Celebration today. One of them cold to drink now and one warm to hang onto for awhile. I really think this is the best seasonal Sierra Nevada release and possibly their best beer overall. I may even buy one or two more 12-packs of it before it's gone!
    Very nice. That's a great beer.
    Jim

Guru

Re: What beer are you drinking - Autumn '12

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Bought two 12-packs of Sierra Nevada Celebration today. One of them cold to drink now and one warm to hang onto for awhile. I really think this is the best seasonal Sierra Nevada release and possibly their best beer overall. I may even buy one or two more 12-packs of it before it's gone!
    I'm a fan too and look forward to its arrival every year. Now that you've mentioned it, I think I'll go out and snag some today. Cheers!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

Picked up some myself today and getting ready to sit down and enjoy one right now.

Virtuoso

Bought another 12-pack of Celebration Ale today. So now I have a whole case "resting." More importantly though, I found and bought a bottle of the 2012 Sierra Nevada Estate Homegrown Ale which I really look forward to trying. Also bought one each of the 2012 Northern Hemisphere Harvest Wet Hop Ale and the 2012 Southern Hemisphere Harvest Fresh Hop Ale.

I've always been a big fan of Sierra Nevada. They're in my top three favorite breweries along with Bell's and Rogue.

Connoisseur
    Great Divde Claymore Scotch Ale. Between the hibernation ale (my current favorite beer), this Scotch ale and the yeti's I may never drink another beer besides something from great divide.

Advanced Taster
    Enjoying some Southern Tier Creme Brulee and Great Lakes Christmas Ale this week.

I also have an Ayinger Oktoberfest I need to knock out.

Enthusiast

Had a bomber of Abduction, an imperial stout from Pipeworks, last night. On the hoppy side as stouts go, and on the delicious side as well. They're serious contenders for "best brewery in Chicago"; it's going to be fun watching them continue to grow.
    "Delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you?" -Lionel Hutz

Virtuoso
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegoz View Post
    Had a bomber of Abduction, an imperial stout from Pipeworks, last night. On the hoppy side as stouts go, and on the delicious side as well. They're serious contenders for "best brewery in Chicago"; it's going to be fun watching them continue to grow.
    Hmmm, well that's good news. I had a Belgian IPA of theirs I wasn't all that impressed with, kind of wrote them off. Good to hear a positive review, I'll have to experiment more with them!

BTW, really last minute here, but are you going to FoWaBAB? I'm on my way right now! Train to bus boo-ya! The things I do for beer...
    Last edited by AaronWF; 11-17-2012 at 15:38.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

A 2012/2013 Samuel Smith's "Winter Welcome Ale", after spending the afternoon puffing stogies at the local cigar mega-store's Customer Appreciation Event. The nice malty character to this beer is cooling the pipes nicely. Actually, I wish I would have had this during the event. Not heavy, but silky over the palate. And, with a pleasanty nutty chewiness to it. Now, to sit down to see how the college games went today.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Finally bumped into some Hacker Pschorr Octoberfest and enjoying a couple of 'em today. One of the better of the style IMHO. Good news, bad news...5.8% in 11.5 oz bottles.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"