Hi folks--New to the forum, but have been reading with much enjoyment over the past week. My experience with bourbon has been a gradual appreciation over the last 11 years. An avid homebrewer of beer, my bourbon experiences were usually relegated to visits with the in-laws as my wife's father is a bourbon drinker. While his tastes are notably far from the top shelf (Ezra Brooks being among his everyday bourbons), over the years I have managed to bring a bottle of a wide variety of bourbons that he would never have forked over the asking price for at the store. As such, we've both enjoyed a great deal of bourbons that neither one of us may have ever gotten, as I wasn't prone to keeping bourbon around the house as my wife prefers single malt Scotch. Uncharacteristically, while most other homebrewers tend to favor scotch with as much zeal as they do their beer, I prefer that little something extra that bourbon provides, just a little rougher around the edges but definitely with more character in my opinion.
Now, introductions aside, I *think* my palate tends to side on the wheated bourbon argument as some of the bourbons I've had tend to be such (Maker's, etc.). So, is there or could somebody provide for me some sort of a list of bourbons that are wheated along with commentary and those that are not? I've been trying a different bourbon each time and I think I can tell which tastes wheated, but I'm not sure. I'd like to be able to keep a mental list when I'm at the liquor store and perhaps get a couple for comparison tastings.
I'm also open to suggestion and opinion. This is a great forum for such.
J. Rocco

J. Rocco
CT Shoreline, USA