Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    **DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wheated vs. Non-Wheated, Comprehensive List?

Virginia Gentleman is a rye recipe bought in bulk from Heaven Hill. VG was always a ryed bourbon.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

**DONOTDELETE**

Gadzooks Jim! Weller *REEKS*! I can see the subliminal implants have taken a strong hold. You're in massive denial. Weller is such good whiskey that it went out of business some years ago, and still there is plenty of the swillage laying in the rackhouses to this day. Deamon farts smell sweeter.

Linn Spencer

Thanks so much for all of the responses and info. I know that to wheat or not to wheat is an oft debated subject after sifting through the archives of postings, and I should say that while I think my tastes tend to sway in favor of the addition of wheat, I'm by no means sold on the idea. Of those mentioned, I've tried and enjoyed a few, those being the aforementioned Maker's, Rebel Yell (which I found to have a rather good price-to-taste ratio, but which my local liquor store tends to raise and lower the price at least weekly for some unknown reason), and some of the Weller's. I am intrigued with Buffalo Trace and the Rip/Pap Van Winkle lines, which have gotten high marks by most in the forum, but seem to be absent from the shelves of my immediate (southeastern CT coast) area. With time I'm sure I'll be able to track them down or order online.
    Any one on the forum up in the New England area that can recommend a good retail spot for a variety of bourbons? My local has a surprisingly good selection (missing the Van Winkles and others of its ilk), comprising most of the Bookers to Blantons to Old Crow varietals, and quite a few Rye whisk(e)ys to boot. I've managed to find quite a number of those praised and appropriately dismissed on this forum. That said, I've recently picked up a bottle of BIB OGD to try as it seems to have illicited some intriguing commentary. I'll let you know what I think.

J. Rocco
    CT Shoreline, USA

The Boss

See? I told you guys he's a freakin maniac.
    Thanks for backin me up on that one Linn, I hate making unfounded assertions in public.
    BTW, it's bad practice to allow daemons exposure to the open air. Tcpwrappers should be employed such that if they do fart, inetd will contain the fetid by-product and the offense will be recorded for posterity by syslogd.

Cheers,

Jim Butler
    Straightbourbon.com

Connoisseur

Jim, Linn

One issue then remains unclear:

Which is most offensive -- Wheated or Non-wheated farts? Creggor, wanna head the experiment? Better yet, why not make it a forum wide weekend project. We all report Monday. Ladies, you too.

Omar

**DONOTDELETE**

Omar this is so easy there is no need to wait 'til Monday. Non-wheated flatulence is the most foul. Try this: cook up a batch of venison chili and wash it down with the beer of your choice. You'll soon find out that wild meats produce intensely odoriferous emissons. Once while on a hunting trip we made this very mistake. That night while sleeping in a tighly ziped bag, I let one rip blowing a hole in the bag; lifting the tent off the ground, and sending a nearby skunk running for it's very life!

Linn Spencer

Connoisseur

Omar, Omar, Omar...whatever were you thinking? You said: "make it a forum wide weekend project. We all report Monday. Ladies, you too."
    Now surely you know that ladies don't fart. Nope, we just don't. We don't belch either. It is because of this we are forced to bitch now and then or...we'd just blow clean up [IMG]/wwwthreads/images/wink.gif[/IMG]
    Scully

Blowin' smoke in Bardstown

**DONOTDELETE**

Wonderfully stated Scully! Welcome Julius! Wow we go away for 5 days and have 50 messages to go through!
    I enjoy both Rye and Wheated. My favorites of the wheated are definatly the Van Winkle products. The 15 year old and the new Pappy 20 are outstanding!!

~Linda~
    http://w3.one.net/~jeffelle/whiskey

**DONOTDELETE**

No more maniacal or freakish than thou my brother!

Linn Spencer

Connoisseur

Julius,
    Please overlook my manners. Welcome to this group. Although I've been a Bourbon drinker for years, my understanding ended with how to get the cap off...) I have learned much here, one of the things being I too enjoy wheated Bourbons if drinking them neat. Perhaps we can work our way through Pappy's offerings together.
    Bj

Blowin' smoke in Bardstown