Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

Got an e-mail from TPS on the 2012 BTAC. $69.99 each. If you wanted a Stagg you had to buy one Stagg and one other bottle from the collection. Considered a Stagg and Weller, but I sneezed and all the Weller was gone. Passed on the Stagg.

Taster

I ordered just one Stagg from there. The email was a little confusing but I was under the impression you could buy one Stagg and one other bottle, or just one BTAC bottle. (So you could do Stagg + WLW but not Saz + WLW). My order is processing so I hope just one Stagg will go through.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jakew View Post
    I ordered just one Stagg from there. The email was a little confusing but I was under the impression you could buy one Stagg and one other bottle, or just one BTAC bottle. (So you could do Stagg + WLW but not Saz + WLW). My order is processing so I hope just one Stagg will go through.
    I was confused. You're right. Here's the relevant text...

- A BTAC order may consist of ONE bottle of George T. Stagg, plus your choice of ONE additional BTAC bottle, while supplies last.
    - If you do not want any Stagg, you are not required to buy it— however you may still buy only ONE other BTAC bottle of your choice.
    - We cannot sell two bottles of the same whiskey, under any circumstances.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post

- A BTAC order may consist of ONE bottle of George T. Stagg, plus your choice of ONE additional BTAC bottle, while supplies last.
    - If you do not want any Stagg, you are not required to buy it— however you may still buy only ONE other BTAC bottle of your choice.
    I'm still confused by it hah. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if it processes, says it's still under review. By the time I got on everything was sold out except for 50 bottles of Stagg.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post

I called them this morning and you're reading it right Stagg plus 1 or just 1. They had a bunch of Stagg and what appeared to be a few cases of everything else.

Connoisseur
    It wet fast. I was on within 40 minutes and it was not letting place an order. I already got a Stagg and Saz so not too concerned but not sure I like how they did this rollout.

Guru

Was there almost as soon as the email was sent. Still came up empty on a Weller.

Connoisseur

Their shipping charges are as retarded as their outdated and borderline non-functional checkout system.

I added a Saz and Stagg to my cart, entered my info, and the Saz went out of stock causing an error - I could not clear the Saz to complete the process. Their system cannot keep the items in my cart through the 1 minute checkout process? Good thing they sell booze and not software.
    Last edited by LostBottle; 10-23-2012 at 15:32.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    Their shipping charges are as retarded as their outdated and borderline non-functional checkout system. I added a Saz and Stagg to my cart, entered my info, and the Saz went out of stock causing an error - I could not clear the Saz to complete the process. Good thing they sell booze and not software!
    I have to respectfully disagree. If you've never ordered from them, the shipping might appear high, but when you see the care they put into assuring your order arrives undamaged you'll probably feel differently. I'd also state that most of the time when you order in bulk the shipping gets down to about 4 to 5 bucks a bottle which is pretty good for anything. TPS is first class, at least their system didn't over process 500 bottles and make them have to disappoint a bunch of customers, and at least they gave everyone a shot at grabbing a few of these hard to find bottles at MSRP, they could have just thrown on a shelf at a huge profit or better yet put names on a list and never call anyone while taking the inventory out the back door for friends and family.
    Last edited by petrel800; 10-23-2012 at 15:29.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by LostBottle View Post
    Their shipping charges are as retarded as their outdated and borderline non-functional checkout system.

I added a Saz and Stagg to my cart, entered my info, and the Saz went out of stock causing an error - I could not clear the Saz to complete the process. Their system cannot keep the items in my cart through the 1 minute checkout process? Good thing they sell booze and not software.
    I agree. The Weller went "low stock or out of stock" and hung up my shopping cart making it impossible to complete my order with the Stagg and other items I had in my cart. Instead of Stagg plus the other stuff in my cart I bought nothing from TPS today because the Stagg was gone or in the process of being gone by the time the Weller issue went away. The checkout system needs an overhaul. Other merchants have systems that remove the out of stock item and process what's left in the cart. It's 2012, not 1998, checkout should be seamless. Very frustrating. Shipping seems a bit high though the lower prices and lack of tax make it moot.