Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

All we can do is try and as they get to know us perhaps they will ask us questions.

Enthusiast

Passed up an ORVW 10/107 priced at $69.99 at a small liquor store here in Central Ky. When I asked if he was sure about that price, he said "Yes, it's 10 year Pappy, very hard to find." I had to tell him that I had just bought the exact same bottle about 30 minutes earlier for $42. He just looked at me shrugged, I said thanks, but your price is way too high and then I walked out.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by KySalesRep View Post
    When I asked if he was sure about that price, he said "Yes, it's 10 year Pappy, very hard to find."
    You should have asked him where on the bottle it says Pappy.
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

Enthusiast

There were a lot of things I wanted to ask or tell him, but I could tell it would do no good, it would only waste my time. But they will not get my business today, or any other day.

Guru

One is tempted to make a remark while going out the door that it is illegal to sell goods under false pretenses.

Virtuoso

Col E.H. Taylor sB Bourbon @ $42. I snagged a bottle a few weeks back <$35, just couldn't pay that premium even though i've enjoyed the first pour.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by KySalesRep View Post
    Passed up an ORVW 10/107 priced at $69.99 at a small liquor store here in Central Ky. When I asked if he was sure about that price, he said "Yes, it's 10 year Pappy, very hard to find." I had to tell him that I had just bought the exact same bottle about 30 minutes earlier for $42. He just looked at me shrugged, I said thanks, but your price is way too high and then I walked out.
    Would be nice to be in an area where ORVW 10/107 was sitting on the shelf at $42! I have had to suck up to my local whiskey monger (fortunately he is a pretty nice guy) for weeks just so I was the name he called to buy one at $46 when somebody else on the list failed to come in and pick up the bottle being held for them.

At least he knows I will show up if I say I want it! Just got offered the bottle today and it is already safely secured.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Passed on a bottle of the St. George 30th Anniversary Edition Single Malt Whiskey.

Attachment 14575

It was pretty with the shiny black box and all but not $400 worth of pretty for me. But might be just the ticket for somebody else!

A hot deal today! Was in a different store today and saw another bottle of this for the bargain basement price of $349.99.

Still had to pass though...
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by mosugoji64 View Post
    There was a glitch that I and some other people experienced wherein bottles that sold out couldn't be removed from the shopping cart and prevented checking out altogether. In the time it took me to select a WLW and GTS and then go to checkout the WLW sold out, but I couldn't remove it from my cart. It took a few minutes to be able to check out and I luckily squeaked out with the GTS.
    Yep, I was one of the "lucky" ones that got hit by that glitch too, and I got nothing. I got notification, I got on the site immediately, I got a GTS and a WLW in my cart, and apparently I didn't check out fast enough (I thought the cart would "hold" the items for a couple of minutes to allow me to check out). I guess if I had checked out faster I maybe would have gotten a Stagg. I emailed them, and after a lengthy email discussion (the guy there was actually quite nice and the discussion informative) he said they plan to try and fix that issue for future allocated releases.

Connoisseur

What did you pass up today? Autumn '12

Quote Originally Posted by Bourserker View Post
    Yep, I was one of the "lucky" ones that got hit by that glitch too, and I got nothing. I got notification, I got on the site immediately, I got a GTS and a WLW in my cart, and apparently I didn't check out fast enough (I thought the cart would "hold" the items for a couple of minutes to allow me to check out). I guess if I had checked out faster I maybe would have gotten a Stagg. I emailed them, and after a lengthy email discussion (the guy there was actually quite nice and the discussion informative) he said they plan to try and fix that issue for future allocated releases.
    You were probably communicating with Jay. He is the whiskey guru at TPS and always willing to help out which always surprises me as busy as he must be.

Mike