Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HH new label?

Apprentice

HH new label?

Hope everyone on the forums is having a great holiday season with their families,

Being Jewish on Christmas Eve can be boring to say the least and my trolling of the TTB label approval website turned up a series of Heaven Hill Select Stock (https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonlin...?action=search) labels that are under consideration for approval.

Is anyone familiar with this series of labels? I tried searching for information about any past Heaven Hill Select Stock and found nothing, making me think its either a private label just for Heaven Hill employees or that it is a premium label they are about to come out with. Anyway, I figured others out there on the forum may know about this. If it is an upcoming label it looks interesting.

Apprentice

Re: HH new label?

I think that link is bad but here is a link to the straight bourbon label I saw https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonlin...12296001000186

Guru

Never see or heard of that one before.

Disciple

HH new label?

COLA approval doesn't mean that they're going to release this for sure, but cask strength, unfiltered, 11 year HH juice? Sign me up.
    Jim

Enthusiast

wow, that is one nice label! If they actually put that label on a bottle of bourbon that I actually see in a store, I would probably buy it. Oh wait a second... the label says it was on the 5th floor. I usually don't like anything from HH below the 6th. I would want to taste it before I buy.
    Last edited by Lazer; 12-24-2012 at 14:50.

Apprentice

I called up a local store I usually get hard to find bottles from and they hadn't heard of this label yet, so it seems like even if they have plans to send it to market its not something that is on anyone's radar yet. Looking through the four labels they are trying to get approval on (straight bourbon, corn, rye, and wheat) I am excitingly thinking this may be a new premium line they are releasing (maybe to compliment their Parker's line?) but that is pure speculation since as people as mentioned there seems to be zero official information about this out right now. The HH website doesn't have anything about it either, although thats expected.

Trippah and Admin

It looks like a label for a barrel selection program, not for a wide release.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    It looks like a label for a barrel selection program, not for a wide release.
    I agree. It looks as if they are possibly leaving the details blank .. to be filled in .. much the way KBD does with their Willett label. Interesting. Look forward to this discovery. Nice find UncleJohn. Lonely no more .. we're family here!

Advanced Taster

Big fan of the green label 90 proof and BIB HH labels, so this would certainly be something to look at. Barrel proof, 11 years sounds promising, but why didn't this become EWSB 2 years earlier?
    Mark

Trippah and Admin

Quote Originally Posted by mark fleetwood View Post
    Big fan of the green label 90 proof and BIB HH labels, so this would certainly be something to look at. Barrel proof, 11 years sounds promising, but why didn't this become EWSB 2 years earlier?
    If it is for a barrel purchase program, label details are just filled in as an example for the TTB approval submission.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?