I guess, I'm gullible to good marketing.
Have had my finger on the button for 4r sm btch LE for the last few weeks but haven't pushed it. However, with all this marketing how could I resist? After John listed it on his site #1, over all the BTAC and no mention of Parker's, which I love and have had a lot of, I got a bottle today of Jonn's #1, I'm not being sarcastic, he's right for my palette most of the time. I had a bottle of this in my shopping bag on K&L's site more than once the last week, but closed the link because I have a trip to Europe next month by myself and can go hunting whenever I please and who knows, maybe I'll find something great. Plus I have a few bottles of VW and others waiting in the best storage room I know back east.
At least now, I'm not going to miss John's highest scored whisk(e)y of the year. From the looks of it, I'm not the only one.
Is it really better than 2012 WLW and Parker's? I have quite a bias for wheat. I'll tell you what I think, when my friend delivers it tomorrow from 30 miles south of Los Angeles.