Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? - Fall 2012

Quote Originally Posted by savagehenry View Post
    4R '08 Mariage - can't believe it was just shoved behind the 4RSmB, sitting there for a few years. Quite tasty.
    Love it when that happens. nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by awachatz View Post
    Technically I purchased a bottle of 2011 TTH. The guy had the shelf marked $79.99. He ran my credit card and handed me the receipt and actually charged $89.99. I complained and requested a refund. All the store manager said is the shelf is marked incorrectly. The system price is the price he has to charge. What a bunch of BS. The state min is $70.97.
    hate it when that happens. had the opposite happen to me the other day, got the shelf price on a Lagavulin DE instead of the system price, saved $20!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Lamplighter View Post
    Another holiday package from TPS: (1) FRSB, 9.5yo, OESK - one of Jay's barrel selects, 118 proof - some of the best FR I've tried (only 1 left, better hurry!); (1) JJ Bowman, barrel #45
    I'm a fan of that Bowman barrel 45.

Today I got a private barrel strength SB bottling of FR OESK aged 10 yrs 7mos, also grabbed a Weller 12.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonMemphis View Post
    Honestly, had to think twice about buying...don't really have high hopes for an unaged 80 proof rye but it was intriguing enough to come home with me. First batch if nothing else, will be a cool empty bottle!
    $50 for an 80proof unaged whiskey?!!!

Guru

Broke my "no more whiskey in 2012" vow one last time - in Louisville on business and just couldn't pass up a Four Roses Barrel Proof Private Barrel Selection (OBSK; 10 yrs & 9 months; 121.6 proof). Also picked up a 375 mL of High West Double Rye (as I *think* I liked this . . . but didn't want to bet a full bottle to find out!) I think I'll label all of this as my Christmas present from our cats
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Taster

Finally got a FRSmB LE 2012. Although not bourbon I also got a Redbreast Cask Strength...been wanting to try this for quite some time.

Guru

Evan Williams 1793 because it was on sale for $9.45.

Taster

I know this isn't actually bourbon....but I grabbed 6 bottles of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout in Chicago...hoping to trade them on Craigslist for some tasty REAL bourbon on craigslist

Connoisseur

Grabbed the last bottle of Weller 12yr from the local store. Now I just gotta re-supply on my OWA so I can finally try the much loved Weller blend.

This has been a fun month for me. It's been my first full year of being a bourbon enthusiast, and I was able to purchase both ORVW 10/107 and Weller 12yr... both of which disappear quick out here.
    Last edited by JPBoston; 12-13-2012 at 20:41.

Connoisseur

Got out of town for a funeral the other day, so managed to swing by a couple of favorites and picked up some Weller 12 and also some more of the FRSmB 2012.

​B
    "Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die."

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by awachatz View Post
    Technically I purchased a bottle of 2011 TTH. The guy had the shelf marked $79.99. He ran my credit card and handed me the receipt and actually charged $89.99. I complained and requested a refund. All the store manager said is the shelf is marked incorrectly. The system price is the price he has to charge. What a bunch of BS. The state min is $70.97.
    That's weird. Every time I've found a pricing inconsistency -- even just a wrong sticker on a bottle, and pointed it out at the register, they've charged either the lower price on the bottle, or (if the sticker was higher than expected) the lower price from the barcode. Better to lose $10 and make a steady customer than to lose a customer and possibly get a call from the state Attorney General's consumer protection office or the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by JPBoston View Post
    Grabbed the last bottle of Weller 12yr from the local store. Now I just gotta re-supply on my OWA so I can finally try the much loved Weller blend.

This has been a fun month for me. It's been my first full year of being a bourbon enthusiast, and I was able to purchase both ORVW 10/107 and Weller 12yr... both of which disappear quick out here.
    I'll top that, I recently vatted my remaining ORVW 10/107 with the remains of a stellar, older age statement bottle of OWA 7 year, 107. The added sweetness of the Weller Antique blended wonderfully with the more complex and spicy ORVW.