Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Buffalo Trace Appreciation Post

Glad to see some love for BT up in here. I just think that for $20/bottle (Thanks, Daves of K&L), how can you possibly beat it!?!? I also don't understand why anyone likes Eagle Rare, I can't stand the stuff.....ugh.

Advanced Taster

Candy apples dominates my palate when I drink Buffalo Trace. I love the sweet and sour thing going on with BT.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by JB64 View Post
    BT is a very good bourbon which is part of my monthly rotation, I decided to have a pour this evening. When comparing it to other bourbons of similar cost I tend to like WT101 better.
    I go the other way - I like the proof of WT 101, but just don't like the bourbon. I'd love to see a 101 proof BT release, but I'd take 90 proof BT over WT 101 any day.
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    It's been a while since I had the standard edition of BT, but I've had several retailer bottlings (Binny's & Khan's) that were very good. My last Binny's bottle had this great toasted marshmallow thing going on.
    One of my favorite things about Buffalo Trace is that it's an avenue that provides MANY retailers with hand selected single barrels at a great price, often even less than regular BT. I recently picked up a family size bottle from a private barrel for $30. Amazing deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    I go the other way - I like the proof of WT 101, but just don't like the bourbon. I'd love to see a 101 proof BT release, but I'd take 90 proof BT over WT 101 any day.
    I'd love to see a 101 proof BT! While we're at it, how about a 101 proof 10 year old BT?

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    =I'd love to see a 101 proof BT! While we're at it, how about a 101 proof 10 year old BT?
    Which would be ER101, right? I would like to see that too, but they sell it all as CEHT and charge a hefty premium for that fancy bottle.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    Which would be ER101, right? I would like to see that too, but they sell it all as CEHT and charge a hefty premium for that fancy bottle.

I need to try a CEHT one of these days, I've been passing them up pretty regularly this summer. Can't imagine I won't enjoy it when I do, like this thread says, BT sure does make some good bourbon.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOfAtl View Post
    For some reason I was thinking that ER and BT have a different mashbill...I guess I need to refer to Josh's Whiskey Tree to check things!
    Jack
    GBS Member #3 (Sorry Dawn!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieface
    I think i'm god but I'll get a confirmation and go from there

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jcg9779 View Post
    For some reason I was thinking that ER and BT have a different mashbill...I guess I need to refer to Josh's Whiskey Tree to check things!
    They're both mash #1.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post

I need to try a CEHT one of these days, I've been passing them up pretty regularly this summer. Can't imagine I won't enjoy it when I do, like this thread says, BT sure does make some good bourbon.
    I've liked them all, especially the Tornado and the Barrel Proof.

Disciple

I appreciate that they employ one of our own and the best distillery tour guide in the business...mobourbon! He also makes it to gazebo gatherings and even though, he could only stay a short while for the KBF picnic this year, still brought full bottles of both a Weller and a CEHT and left them.

BT (the distillery) puts out some excellent whiskey...as all the major do...okay......maybe not, at least currently, WT.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011