Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Enthusiast

Re: Buffalo Trace Appreciation Post

I'm a fan of Buffalo Trace. The price is right, the quality is there, and it is very consistent. I surprised myself doing a blind tasting of regular BT and ER/10. They each have their own positive qualities but I leaned towards the Buffalo Trace. I'll have to echo Thad's comment in that they have some great tour guides. Mine was great. He was very passionate and highly knowledgeable. He spent a lot of time talking with me afterwards 1 on 1 and had some really good info. I think they are a great distillery all around.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    They're both mash #1.
    ER is only slightly older than trace, but the flavor profile is very different. Why is that (barrel selection, location in storage, etc.)?

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dolph Lundgren View Post
    ER is only slightly older than trace, but the flavor profile is very different. Why is that (barrel selection, location in storage, etc.)?
    Ultimately the answer to this question is barrel selection, but I have never seen anything specific about whether that selection involves certain warehouses or floors (a-la Blanton's.)

How interesting....I don't think BT tastes much like ER10 at all! Am I weird that way? I heart BT, I do not buy or like ER. Huh, learn something new every day around here.

Disciple

From my point of view you're not weird... I'm rarely without an open BT. Can't remember the last time I had an ER10.