Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jefferson's

Virtuoso

Re: Jefferson\'s (search)

No doubt at all. ORVW 12 beats Jefferson black and blue. I think Jefferson's at $28 is overpriced by $8. I think ORVW 12 is a good value, even at $32.

Administrator in exile

I like my Jefferson's so far, but I won't pay $30 for it again. I think $20 would probably be a fair price. Nice assorment of flavors, but a little hard to get past the hot finish. Liquor Barn still doesn't have any. Try Shopper's Village if you want some in Lexington.

Guru

Hmm, Liquor Barn was where I was hoping to find a bottle on my way into Bardstown when we arrive. If anyone see's this in Bardstown or Liauor Barn as the festival comes near please let us know...

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

The Jeffeerson's appeared in Liquor Barn on Thursday of this week. Haven't had a chance to crack my new bottle. A little pricey at $30.

Guru

We made our posts at the same time. Thanks for the infom you answered my question!

Administrator in exile

Was this the Beaumont Store? the Richmond Road store still didn't have any as of Friday

Connoisseur

Re: Jefferson\'s

Hey, do these guys actually distill? I've made it a point to follow all of the KY distilleries but these guys are off my radar screen. And a liquor store guy was recommending this one to me... and I've still never tasted it.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

No, Greg this comes from Even Kulsveen. This Jefferson's , Jeff Reserve and Sam Houston are Trey Zoeller's labels and he bottles it for them. Some say Even gets it from Heaven Hill. And he may, I have posted elsewhere that I think what is in Jefferson's tastes to me more like Barton then HH. My $0.02

I've bought four bottles at a local Middle Tennessee liquor store mostly because they are low-numbered bottles -- all 'Batch No. 01, Bottle No. XX' (all numbered under 100, the lowest at 44). They were marked a little over $25, but the store owner generally discounts for me, so I paid more like $22. I haven't tasted it yet -- am waiting until I see a bottle with a non-collectible number.

Connoisseur

I can't believe it! Virginia ABC actually added a new product to their lineup! Weeeeeeeeee!
    Attached Images Attached Images