Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New member needs some help please

Hello, I'm a new member from Greentown, IN. I've been a very small time collector for many years and have finally decided that it is time to pass my collection on to someone else. I realize that the market may be soft but my age and health are a consideration at this point. Please tell me if I am posting in the wrong location but I am wondering where to go to for some guidance as to values. I'm also wondering if the SKU numbers are a good way to track them? For instance, I have a Basil Hayden's 8YO #080686012405, a Ridgewood Reserve Barrel Select 1792 #08800211, Wild Turkey boxed set with 2 glasses that says "A Rare Opportunity" #080432404133, Noah's Mill Small Batch Bourban in a wooden box batch #599 made 4/20/99 and bottled 11/15/05 #68203030075, and 2 Jack Daniels 1964 Gold Medal (1 Full and 1 Partial) #082184084823. I also have a variety of cognacs and rums.

Any help that anyone can offer would be a blessing. I do not know anything about collecting bourbon. I just started it years ago and kept buying a bottle of one thing or another over the years. Thanks for your time in reading this long-winded speech.

Gene

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Re: New member needs some help please

"The sale of alcoholic beverages by any party is prohibited here"

site rules -http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...User-Agreement

Where do you plan on selling?

Guru

I think we've discovered one of the most immediate side-effects of eBay's change in policy.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I think we've discovered one of the most immediate side-effects of eBay's change in policy.
    Exactly what I was thinking. The eBay blockade has to be rerouted somewhere.
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

Guru

Got any Pappy for sale?

Enthusiast

how much for the rum?

OK, I understand that I cannot offer to sell these bottle here and I did not offer to sell them. I have only asked for guidance on value which, to the best of what I understand the policies, is not a violation of the Forum policies. I have talked to my local store and he says that he cannot buy them and I cannot sell them to him but that I can legally sell them to another individual. The distributor was there at the time and he asked me to prepare a list of what I had. I'm trying to determine value so that I do not get ripped off. Other than that, I'm hoping that someone might tell me of some local clubs of collectors that I could contact that might be interested. Again, I do not offer these to anyone on the Forum. I'm really just interested in some guidance on values and a possible connection to a group of collectors that I can discuss this with in person.

Thanks again for your time,
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    how much for the rum?
    I'm sorry, but I cannot offer to sell anything here on the Forum per the rules I agreed to. The only rum I have is Pritchard's Fine Rum. Does anyone know of a Forum that discusses cognac? You can always contact me personally to come by and view the collection. I feel that, although it is small, it is very selective but, then again, I know so little about all of this.

Gene

Disciple

If your Basil Hayden 8yr is DSP-16, PM me right away. I can drink it on my bridge in Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by HP12 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. The eBay blockade has to be rerouted somewhere.
    Actually, I discovered your site by doing a Google search and thought that the people here would be helpful. I'm a member of both PackardClub and Packardinfo and we go out of our way to try to answer the questions of newcomers. We welcome new people to our group. I was hoping that same sense of helpfulness would exist here.

Gene