Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bourbon at Rome airport?

Can anyone tell me if there is any decent Bourbons at Rome duty free stores? Parents are over their now and returning soon, but i will have to give them an exact name of what to bring back. I am in Australia so bonus points if it is something not available here!

The Voshole

Re: Bourbon at Rome airport?

I was there last year and while I don't remember exactly what they had, there wasn't anything that had to come home with me. However, they did have Jack Daniels Silver Select if that's of any interest to you. If your parents don't have a non-stop flight home, you might want to make sure they won't have problems with customs in another country while changing planes.
    Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself

oh good point, pretty sure they are stopping somewhere (Japan maybe)?

Perhaps its not worth the trouble then.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre28 View Post
    oh good point, pretty sure they are stopping somewhere (Japan maybe)?

Perhaps its not worth the trouble then.

Cheers.
    Now Japan is where you want them pick up something for you. Most airports should have Wild Turkey 8yr. Some have Wild Turkey 12yr. and IW Harper 12yr. (which I haven't had, but isn't available in the U.S.).

Quote Originally Posted by c2walker View Post
    Now Japan is where you want them pick up something for you. Most airports should have Wild Turkey 8yr. Some have Wild Turkey 12yr. and IW Harper 12yr. (which I haven't had, but isn't available in the U.S.).

I have some WT 101 12 year (the export version to Australia). Its pretty good, but i also have the Russells Reserve which i prefer to be honest. I have never heard of the IW Harper and would certainly be keen to try something new, so cheers for the heads up! Of course i will have to actually check if it is indeed Japan they are stopping off at!

I got 2 bottles of the IW Harper 12 year. It's not magnificient, but the bottle is GORGEOUS and the whiskey at 86 proof is definitely a very enjoyable pour...it's for drinking straight, I wouldn't mix it.

Quote Originally Posted by humchan2k View Post
    I got 2 bottles of the IW Harper 12 year. It's not magnificient, but the bottle is GORGEOUS and the whiskey at 86 proof is definitely a very enjoyable pour...it's for drinking straight, I wouldn't mix it.
    I tend to drink with a single ice cube. I did a google search and that bottle does look great. if i can get a hold of this i think i will!

Ok, have confirmed they have a 5 hour lay over in Tokyo. Any other suggestions to go along with the Harper? Any Wheaters perhaps?

Enthusiast

How about a Blanton's Straight From the Barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by luther.r View Post
    How about a Blanton's Straight From the Barrel?
    ooh i do love me some Blantons, but i think Barrel strength might be a bit too much Bourbon for me! Perhaps the Gold?