Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bourbon at Rome airport?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre28 View Post
    Ok, have confirmed they have a 5 hour lay over in Tokyo. Any other suggestions to go along with the Harper? Any Wheaters perhaps?

Unfortunately, what I listed before is the extent of bottles available in Narita duty free, but not available in the United States. The only wheater available at the airport is standard Maker's Mark. I was just there a few weeks and went into every duty free store (note: only a couple had WT 8 & 12 and Harper 12).

Quote Originally Posted by c2walker View Post
    Unfortunately, what I listed before is the extent of bottles available in Narita duty free, but not available in the United States. The only wheater available at the airport is standard Maker's Mark. I was just there a few weeks and went into every duty free store (note: only a couple had WT 8 & 12 and Harper 12).

Fair enough. Availability in Australia though is considerably less than the United States, so hopefully there is another gem to be found (relatively speaking of course)!

Was there any Four Roses about the place?

Sorry! I didn't catch that you were from Australia. The selection at the airport was surprisingly poor given Japan's love of whiskey. I'm fairly certain that you have regular access to most of what's available at Narita: (if I remember correctly) Jim Beam White, Jim Beam Black, Maker's Mark, and the aforementioned Turkey's and Harper. I might be missing a couple labels, but nothing special. No Four Roses though.

Quote Originally Posted by c2walker View Post
    Sorry! I didn't catch that you were from Australia. The selection at the airport was surprisingly poor given Japan's love of whiskey. I'm fairly certain that you have regular access to most of what's available at Narita: (if I remember correctly) Jim Beam White, Jim Beam Black, Maker's Mark, and the aforementioned Turkey's and Harper. I might be missing a couple labels, but nothing special. No Four Roses though.
    Ah fair enough, thanks! Maybe 2 bottles of the Harper then lol. Are any of the Japanese labels 'bourbon like'. I have tried one at it was certainly more like a peaty scotch and not really to my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre28 View Post
    Ah fair enough, thanks! Maybe 2 bottles of the Harper then lol. Are any of the Japanese labels 'bourbon like'. I have tried one at it was certainly more like a peaty scotch and not really to my taste.
    Every Japanese whisky I've ever had has been scotch-like. Not my cup of tea.