Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Taster

Re: BOTM 10/12: Larceny

I just had some on the rocks and I am sipping some neat now. I definitely prefer this neat, much more flavorful. It still tastes good with ice but I prefer the bolder flavor neat. My palate still is not as discriminating as most of you, but I like the sweetness of this. If I hadn't started drinking this morning (my evening, I just got off work) I would probably go out and get some Weller to compare it to.

By the way T Comp, I am in Round Lake Beach

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bgast1 View Post
    I just had some on the rocks and I am sipping some neat now. I definitely prefer this neat, much more flavorful. It still tastes good with ice but I prefer the bolder flavor neat. My palate still is not as discriminating as most of you, but I like the sweetness of this. If I hadn't started drinking this morning (my evening, I just got off work) I would probably go out and get some Weller to compare it to.

By the way T Comp, I am in Round Lake Beach
    And a fair comparison with the Weller would be the Special Reserve which is closer in proof and age to the Larceny. Or adjust the OWA from 107 proof down to 92 proof. Weller 12, of course, is also closer in proof but much more age.

I know it's a haul from Round Lake but you should try and make the get together at the Binny's South Loop detailed further in the Bourbon Social thread.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Taster

Thanks for the info Thad. Depending upon how much money I have left, I may take a trip to Binny's in McHenry of some OWA 107 or the Weller 12. I wish I could make it to the South Loop gathering but I have to work and if I took a day off for that I probably would be looking for someplace else to live. My wife would get mighty cranky.

Connoisseur

I just want to chime in with a big thumbs up for the folks behind Larceny and the rebate. I received both of my $10 checks yesterday, that has to be the quickest rebate turn around I have ever seen. That's some good customer service.

Guru

Yup, got ours too.

May go buy a bottle of Heaven Hill BiB.

Advanced Taster

Just put the Larceny against ORVW 90. I definitely preferred the Larceny. In a comparison with Weller 12, for me, it was really close, and I preferred the Weller by a whisker.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I continue to be unable to stay away from this bottle. I find myself passing over many old favorites, and grabbing this one for a pour, instead. What a wonderful addition to the industry's wheater line-up. I've been zeroing in on a light orange peel and powdered cocoa thingy, of late. And, it's wonderful!! Between this and the 2012 PHC, HH is on one heck of a hot streak, lately.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    I continue to be unable to stay away from this bottle. I find myself passing over many old favorites, and grabbing this one for a pour, instead. What a wonderful addition to the industry's wheater line-up. I've been zeroing in on a light orange peel and powdered cocoa thingy, of late. And, it's wonderful!! Between this and the 2012 PHC, HH is on one heck of a hot streak, lately.
    I'm with Joe on this one. My first bottle was gone pretty quickly and a second is on my shopping list. It's $20 her in Columbia and right now my favorite at that price point.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Taster

Was at Binny's today. Would have bought another bottle but they were sold out. They guy there said that there has been a huge run on it.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bgast1 View Post
    Was at Binny's today. Would have bought another bottle but they were sold out. They guy there said that there has been a huge run on it.
    This is why its great to be a bourbon guy in NYC. There's never a run on bourbon here. Not only can I find Larceny on the shelf, I can probably find some van winkle and stagg on the shelf... if I wanted. Sorry guys.

As for Larceny, I finished my 1L bottle. it was great stuff. Looking forward to the second bottle.