Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Disciple

Re: BOTM 10/12: Larceny

Quote Originally Posted by bgast1 View Post
    Was at Binny's today. Would have bought another bottle but they were sold out. They guy there said that there has been a huge run on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    This is why its great to be a bourbon guy in NYC. There's never a run on bourbon here. Not only can I find Larceny on the shelf, I can probably find some van winkle and stagg on the shelf... if I wanted. Sorry guys.

As for Larceny, I finished my 1L bottle. it was great stuff. Looking forward to the second bottle.
    Here in "Chicagoland" there is certainly now a run on PVW and Stagg/WLW, that really kicked in hard just 2 years ago, but that's really about it on what you can't find. Binny's itself has 27 locations in the Chicago and surrounding area, some worthy smaller competitiors and there is plenty of Larceny still around (just not at bgast1's specific store) and most everything else a bourbon drinker desires. We too are fortunate here as bourbon drinkers.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Enthusiast

Ran across a 1.75L Larceny for $26.99 and with a $20 rebate, this is almost like free whiskey.

Is this a great country or what.
    "Civilization begins with distillation."

William Faulkner

Virtuoso

Had some today during the Lions game. Very enjoyable bourbon when I can get a half gallon for $20 with the rebate. I would have to say with without the rebate I would also enjoy it, I find the flavor to be a subtle caramel, vanilla type with a nice draw at the end.

Novice

This was a huge surprise. My go-to bar bottle is Weller 12 YO. It is sometimes in short supply, even in Louisville, so I tried Larceny to try to stretch the WLW out. We are now on our 3rd bottle of Larceny. The rebate isn't even a player. I believe it is the best juice for the buck on the market.