Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liquor Cabinet

Nope, only crappy wines and mixers

Advanced Taster

Re: Liquor Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by michaelturtle1 View Post
    Found this in the clearance section of my local pottery barn... Too bad it is now full
    Thanks for the picture. I like that a lot. Is there a door on the right side or it it always open?

Always open... I live in a small row house so I can sympathize with trying to fit something like a bar into a small place

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I use a cube system from Ikea for my bottle display and it works a treat. Otherwise I keep 1 or 2 open bottles in a kitchen cupboard and about 30 open bottles on top of the cube.

Advanced Taster

I have this bar from Crate and Barrel http://www.crateandbarrel.com/organi...MobileOptOut=1

It holds a lot more than it looks and doesn't take up too much space when the doors are closed, but I still have a lot of bottles on bookshelves and heavy duty shelving units.

Connoisseur

For anyone who is a serious cocktail/whiskey enthusiast, you will quickly outgrow any standard furniture labeled a "bar" or "liquor cabinet." They just don't have enough storage space.

Rather, you will want to upgrade to a large buffet table. These usually have lots of storage space that is intended for dishes, serving pieces, and glassware. One of these is enough to accommodate all but the most rabid of hoarders (at least the open bottles). Also, they are the perfect height to mix a drink or pour a dram.

I have combined one of these with a set of custom made back lit, wall mounted shelves. This allows me to keep the open bottles on display so I remember to drink them, as well as keeping the top surface of the bar clutter free.

Enthusiast
    I live in a condo and use this guy. http://www.worldmarket.com/product/verona-bar.do

Works great for me. Compact, but holds several bottles. Like Trey said though...you will outgrow it.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    Yo, Jersey!!! You are partaking upon a fool's folly. They don't make cabinets for people like us. They make houses with more rooms...or, PODS...
    The best laugh I've had all week and I needed it...as I'm staring while typing at 4 stacks of boxes up to the ceiling and taking up half the wall of the only spare room/study we have because the basement closet and a few other are already full.
    Thad

BTOTY-2011

Advanced Taster

Thanks for the suggestions. Right now I'm leaning towards this one. It will (hopefully) be outgrown in a year or two but should fit my needs for now. Anybody have any experience with this brand? I ask as I will have to assemble it and there are a wide range of reviews regarding the ease and time that assembly would take.

http://www.wayfair.com/Crosley-Newpo...Fcid4Aod-QQAqQ

There was another thread titled "Home bar/Liquor Cabinet" a few years ago. I posted some pics in it then. I'll post them again here for you. I found my cabinet at Big Lots. They had a big buyout of some Broyhill furniture. The server and hutch I bought was originally almost $1600. Big Lots price was $450. Very well made, and holds a lot of bottles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"