Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 110 proof (NAS), and a Rare Breed surprise

Quote Originally Posted by HighInTheMtns View Post
    RR10/90 is looking like a prime candidate for bunkering right now, and maybe I should start looking around in some low traffic stores for old label WT101 too.
    I tried that here in Texas with poor results. Seems the WT offers to take all old stock from the store to ensure the new label takes it's place. Not all.stores.do that, but most will.
    |-o-| [-o-] |-o-| "I'm on the leader"

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    WT won't admit it in public, but they have obviously come up short with their aged whiskey planning.

I've not had a recent Rare Breed, but everything else without an age statement tastes young and raw.
    It's just not that, they have out marketed their resourses. WT is not really a big player in the bourbon industry but they try to be.
    Last edited by p_elliott; 11-28-2012 at 08:36.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    C2Walker and I recently sampled some current export WT101 8 year and standard WT101. There was no comparison. The 8 year was exactly what you would want in a Wild Turkey. Lots of flavor and spice. I will never buy another current WT101 again. There is simply to many other older and better bourbons on the market for less money.
    M organ (Pieface) says they can't get the 8 yr export over there in Austrailia any more.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Connoisseur

^ I think Chris picked it up in Japan.

Advanced Taster

I found 4 bottles of russels reserve 10/90 for $15 per, I dont recall the original price because it has been so long since I have bought some, but if you all can remember, let me know.

Virtuoso

Around here they go for about $30.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Virtuoso

This is all sad to read. I have a bottle of '04 KS that I've been enjoying the hell out of. It really changed my opinion on WT. Sounds like I'll have to seek out older bottles if I want to continue enjoying the brand.
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Enthusiast

The RR 10/90 just came back to to the local grocery store shelves, haven't seen it for awhile. I can still get a handle of the old label 101 there as well.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mosugoji64 View Post
    This is all sad to read. I have a bottle of '04 KS that I've been enjoying the hell out of. It really changed my opinion on WT. Sounds like I'll have to seek out older bottles if I want to continue enjoying the brand.
    Dusties are the only way I'm able to enjoy this brand.

Although I'll optimistically try these new releases to see how they show.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Brisko View Post
    Around here they go for about $30.

I should add that they are the old labels too