As I mentioned in another thread, I recently bought a bottle of Bulleit Rye. While I love the look of the bottle, it seems to have a small but aggravating flaw: everytime I pour a glass, no matter how much, some of it runs down the outside of the bottle. I have had this problem before, usually with bottles when they are new and mostly full, but I'm halfway through the bottle of Bulleit and it happens every single time, no matter how careful I am. I started keeping a rag on my shelf to clean it up. It seems that the design of the Bulleit bottle's mouth is more round and smooth, and when the bottle is fully tilted and the flow is fast the bourbon breaks away from the bottle in a clean arc. When the bottle is tilted up, however, the flow slows down and seems to cling to the bottle and trace over the lip and down the side of the bottle.

I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, but I'm sure thats not supposed to happen, and there has to be SOME kind of old veteran trick to getting a clean pour every time. Would anyone be so kind as to enlighten me? I have some friends coming over later and I want to look like I know what I'm doing