Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    2,826

    Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

    I was at one of our largest nation-wide alcohol retailers stores on the weekend, and noticed Fireball Cinnamon Whisky sitting on the shelf in the American Whiskey section.
    It appears to be a Cinamon infused Canadian Whisky made by Sazerac.

    Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of infused whiskey (I don't mind the honey ones), I'm a big fan of cinnamon as a flavour, so this one has me curious. Has anyone tried it?
    Last edited by camduncan; 10-15-2012 at 16:54.

  2. #2
    Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,793

    Re: Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

    well if you were 20 and trying to get your 18 year old girlfriend drunk, then this would do the trick. It taste like an Atomic fireball candy and nothing like whiskey.

  3. #3
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    I was at one of our largest nation-wide alcohol retailers stores on the weekend, and noticed Fireball Cinnamon Whisky sitting on the shelf in the American Whiskey section.
    It appears to be a Cinamon infused Canadian Whisky made by Sazerac.

    Whilst I'm not the biggest fan of infused whiskey (I don't mind the honey ones), I'm a big fan of cinnamon as a flavour, so this one has me curious. Has anyone tried it?
    My only comment is that "it is what it is" meaning don't expect to be blown away by it, but not bad for something when you want a little cinnamon flavor. It is almost not drinkable neat, at least to me, but it does go well with some warm apple cider on a cool evening. It is also is not bad to add a little spice to a hot tea.

  4. #4
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,044

    Re: Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

    It is very sweet, with no whisky taste I can see, but the cinnamon taste is pure and well-executed. I think you would like it Cam if you mixed it 50/50 with bourbon, it is still plenty sweet and the cinnamon is hardly affected but you get some good whiskey taste with it.

    Gary

  5. #5
    Taster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    59

    Re: Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

    This product is a Canadian Blended Whiskey with Cinnamon flavor added, so technically not an American whiskey. You have to search a little on the package to figure it out.
    Rob

  6. #6
    Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    2,826

    Re: Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

    Quote Originally Posted by proof and age View Post
    This product is a Canadian Blended Whiskey with Cinnamon flavor added, so technically not an American whiskey.
    Too true Rob. Bourbon, Rye and Canadian Whiskey all gets lumped into the same category of 'American Whiskey' in Australia... I do know better, so it was a slip on my part

  7. #7
    Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    2,826

    Re: Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

    Quote Originally Posted by Gillman View Post
    It is very sweet, with no whisky taste I can see, but the cinnamon taste is pure and well-executed. I think you would like it Cam if you mixed it 50/50 with bourbon, it is still plenty sweet and the cinnamon is hardly affected but you get some good whiskey taste with it.

    Gary
    I like where you're going with that Gary. You got me thinking that possible blend of CC 12 with the Fireball could be interesting..... That might just tempt me to buy a bottle anyways

  8. #8
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,044

    Re: Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

    You could mix it with Canadian whisky too Cam yes. Perhaps even 1:2 Fireball to Canadian. The sweetness holds up despite considerable dilution.

    Gary

  9. #9
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    122

    Re: Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

    Its very popular over here and is used in cocktails or as shooters along with apple sourz etc.
    The water was not fit to drink. To make it palatable, we had to add whiskey. By diligent effort, I learned to like it.
    -- Winston Churchill

  10. #10
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    A pretty great state.
    Posts
    1,781

    Re: Fireball Cinnamon Whisky

    I noticed today that HH has released their answer to Fireball - Evan Williams Cinnamon Reserve, 70 proof. Larceny-style rebate and all.
    Jim

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Red Stag Honey and Cinnamon
    By cowdery in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 05:22
  2. Dr. McGillicuddy Hot Cinnamon Fireball
    By Gillman in forum Other American Whiskey
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 16:39
  3. WHISKY Mag "Best of the Best"
    By cowdery in forum Paraphernalia
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 19:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top