Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jps 21

Jps 21

Ran into some JPS 21 in a liquor store today. Have never seen it before. I wanted it sooooo bad. But at $200 I passed. I still want it though. Have any of you had it? Thoughts...

Connoisseur

Re: Jps 21

I like it ok. Just not for $120 price tag. I would easily give $60-70 for it. You know what they say, opinions are like.... Well you know. Anyway that was my impression. Hope this helps.

Connoisseur

One more thing, the nose was just fantastic but the palate didn't match. It fell apart and was acidic to me. Some people really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeyagonzo View Post
    I like it ok. Just not for $120 price tag. I would easily give $60-70 for it. You know what they say, opinions are like.... Well you know. Anyway that was my impression. Hope this helps.
    It helps a little...lol. They have it at $200 b/c they know someone will pay that. This place gouges people on the high end stuff. Maybe I should go try some at my local bourbon bar to see if I like it first...

Guru

Many newcomers to the Jefferson's brand think that the brand has some affiliation with S-W which could not be more wrong. They are an NDP that has always put out a good ryed recipe that is worth about $50 tops (and that's for the old age stated bottles.) I really can't think of a bourbon that I would plop down $200 for.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Connoisseur

I would if I were you. We have a store near me that pulls that crap. $120.00 PHC. $100.00 for ECBP. A lot of us locals now refuse to shop there. Just ridiculous.

the problem is you can't find what they have anywhere. That's why they are able to do that. So you either pay it to have a bottle or don't and don't get it. I got took it straight up the keyster today for some Stagg Jr., but I had never seen it anywhere else.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Draper View Post
    the problem is you can't find what they have anywhere. That's why they are able to do that. So you either pay it to have a bottle or don't and don't get it. I got took it straight up the keyster today for some Stagg Jr., but I had never seen it anywhere else.
    I know how you feel. We have some stores like that around here. Even though this is the 4th largest city in the US it's still very difficult to find "premium" bottles. If you can't find a decent price locally try befriending some members in the "Help a Member" thread. There are some really good people around here.
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Draper View Post
    It helps a little...lol. They have it at $200 b/c they know someone will pay that. This place gouges people on the high end stuff. Maybe I should go try some at my local bourbon bar to see if I like it first...
    try living in a control state with high tax rate, ya get used to being gouged to some degree. but at least ya know it's the same price throughout the state. I like the system for the hard-to-get premiums, put an order in and see if ya get it. at least no jostling in line or getting mugged in the parking lot.

Virtuoso

I like JPS21 and bunker some when ever I see it at $110 or so. But would definitely skip at $200.

I think EC21 is better actually with the good barrels if you are looking into spending that.