Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Connoisseur

Re: Wanted :Elijah Craig 18 Silver Seals

The HH reply was a bit chilly (much like SB's here) - I don't really believe they shipped bottles intentionally without that decoration. My bottles have a little nick cut in the glass where the seal is placed. If anyone is polishing off a bottle or two . . .
    Last edited by MauiSon; 11-12-2012 at 11:09.

Virtuoso

You could just peel of the stickers from a couple of OGD 114s and use those. Won't change the flavor any.
    Life's too short, and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiSon View Post
    The HH reply was a bit chilly (much like SB's here) - I don't really believe they shipped bottles intentionally without that decoration. My bottles have a little nick cut in the glass where the seal is placed. If anyone is polishing off a bottle or two . . .
    Seriously guys, help a brother out or ignore thread and move on.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Parkersback View Post
    I would not buy, let alone drink, an unsealed bottle.
    But would you buy and drink from one which lost its little plastic decoration that only looks like a wax document seal?

I know I would...

Enthusiast

I'm in need of two of those stick-on silver seals found on bottles of EC18 - I bought 3 bottles a while back, but two were missing the seals. I wrote to the company and received this response:

"Thank you for contacting Heaven Hill Distilleries and your inquiry and patronage of Elijah Craig 18-Year-Old Bourbon. We have had issues with the adhesive for the pewter-colored seal and bottles have arrived at retailers without the seal intact. We have recently started bottling this product in bottles without the seal until this issue can be resolved and currently do not have seals available.As a family owned, independent company, Heaven Hill Distilleries takes inquiries from our customers very seriously and hope that our prompt response is evidence of this. Thank you and if I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely,"

PM me if you can help me here and thanks!
    Did you ever find one of these? I just pulled one off of my bottle for you if not. Send me your address and I'll be happy to stick this in the mail.

Connoisseur

Thank you so much! Came in the mail today, which I checked after a couple of pours of FR1B. The other seal seems to be glued on with rubber cement, so I think I'll try that or a glue gun. Now I can cover up that ugly nick in the glass, which my other seal-less bottle doesn't have. A little brightness added to my day.

Enthusiast

Weird. I just bought 3 bottles today. 1 has the seal, the other 2 just have the adhesive pad where the seal used to be.

Virtuoso

Wanted :Elijah Craig 18 Silver Seals

Quote Originally Posted by dohidied View Post
    Weird. I just bought 3 bottles today. 1 has the seal, the other 2 just have the adhesive pad where the seal used to be.
    Unfortunately the value of your bottle without the seal has dropped so far down that you should just throw them away! Into
    My mouth!!! GET IN MY BELLY :smile:
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Connoisseur

Hey, the seal is nice if you're gonna gift a bottle. My 'unsealed' bottles are '92 production, so hopefully they'll be tasty.

About that adhesive pad, is it a blob of glue, as a hot glue-gun might produce? Or is it a double-sided sticky pad?
    Last edited by MauiSon; 06-22-2013 at 15:32.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant man View Post
    Unfortunately the value of your bottle without the seal has dropped so far down that you should just throw them away! Into
    My mouth!!! GET IN MY BELLY :smile:
    I know, I totally can't sip it on BX now!
    Hey, the seal is nice if you're gonna gift a bottle. My 'unsealed' bottles are '92 production, so hopefully they'll be tasty.

About that adhesive pad, is it a blob of glue, as a hot glue-gun might produce? Or is it a double-sided sticky pad?
    Double sided adhesive pad.