Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Jefferson's Presidential Rye Select 21

Quote Originally Posted by luther.r View Post
    There's one of each coming out: a bourbon and a rye.
    The rye I would probably try, even at this rather spendy price, if the reviews are half decent. But I am going to pass on the bourbon.

Saving money instead to see if I can acquire a bottle of Old Potrero Hostaling's mostly because I have always wanted to try that and not because it makes a lick of sense to spend that kind of money on it!
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    The rye I would probably try, even at this rather spendy price, if the reviews are half decent. But I am going to pass on the bourbon.

Saving money instead to see if I can acquire a bottle of Old Potrero Hostaling's mostly because I have always wanted to try that and not because it makes a lick of sense to spend that kind of money on it!
    That Hotaling's is my white whale of rye. Makes Saz 18 look as easy to pick up as Bud Lite.

I've tried emailing Anchor to see if they even release it anymore, but have never gotten a reply.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Pikesville View Post
    I've tried emailing Anchor to see if they even release it anymore, but have never gotten a reply.
    I think that you got your answer.
    Mat Garretson
    HIGH WEST DISTILLERY

Connoisseur

That Hotaling's is my white whale of rye. Makes Saz 18 look as easy to pick up as Bud Lite.

I've talked with them a couple of times in the last few months at whisky events.

They did not have enough last year to do a retail release. Most of the bottles went to charity events and a couple went to special tastings.

At the Vegas show (UWE) they said that they are planning to do a release this year.

Tom

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by mrviognier View Post
    Hopefully you don't have insider knowledge that changes what I was told...I need to get a couple more bottles :-)

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mrviognier View Post
    The new owners of Anchor are as different from Maytag as they could be. It's now a business with zero passion.

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by White Dog View Post
    The new owners of Anchor are as different from Maytag as they could be. It's now a business with zero passion.
    That's a shame. I got to meet or see Fritz speak a couple of times and he was a true gentleman- passionate for his craft and polite to all. It was if Jimmy Stewart made fine ales and spirits.

Virtuoso

Jefferson's Presidential Rye Select 21

Reviving this thread from Luther since Eric posted with picture that this JPS21 rye is coming.

Anyone has more information or history of the barrels.

Guru

My understanding is that an 18yo version has been released and is out there in very limited quantities for reportedly something approaching $200 per.

At least one bottle has been acquired by an SBer. I have not been so lucky so far.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    My understanding is that an 18yo version has been released and is out there in very limited quantities for reportedly something approaching $200 per.

At least one bottle has been acquired by an SBer. I have not been so lucky so far.
    I got one, been waiting to crack it open on an evening with a fresh palate and time to properly savor; will provide notes here when I do.