Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Hello from Tennessee

I am fairly new to drinking whiskey, I have had all the Jack Daniels and recently at a friends house had some Wild Turkey Rare Breed. I really enjoyed it. I am in the Nashville, TN area and basically am just learning about the different whiskeys. I have had Johnny Walker black and didn't care for it as much. I really liked the Wild Turkey Rare Breed! I have a list that I want to start out with. I figured this would be a good place to learn about some whiskeys that I maybe haven't heard of that would spark my interest.

Novice
    Welcome. I am also near Nashville in White House. This is a great place to learn about Bourbon. I got interested in whiskey about a year ago and am still learning new things here every day. I would recommend trying as many different Bourbons as possible. I started with 50 & 200ml bottles to save a little money before I started to learn what I like. You could also try the Whiskey Kitchen in Nashville. They have a lot of different whiskeys, but many are $10 - $20 for a 1 oz. pour. I would also recommend jotting down some tasting notes as you sample. This may feel a little weird at first, but will help you understand what you like and help you remember why. Have fun and welcome aboard.