Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: Flask Etiquette?

I can say don't take one to a restaurant and just order a glass with a couple of cubes of ice. They notice the brown liquid later........

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I can somewhat see taking a flask into a theatre or sporting event. Maybe....Sort of...... But, not to a bar or restaurant. No.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by luther.r View Post
    I usually take one to the movie theater. Funny flask follies: a fumbled pass-off by one of my friends caused my flask to sail into the air, then fall down one of the heating ducts at the Music Box Theater. It was irretrievable.

I have been known to take one to the bar on occasion when the place we're going a) has a crappy selection or b) has ridiculous prices. I'll buy one drink, then refill the glass under the table.
    Definitely the movie theatre. I took a flask of Stagg (a stainless EW SB flask) and several midnight milky ways to the last movie I saw.

Connoisseur

I use one when shoveling snow. My neighbors can't figure out why I can go for hours and seem so cheerful- until the catch a flash of stainless in my hand from the glow of the street lamp. OGD 100 or 114 work great!
    If you have anything Michter's or Pennco and would like to sell it or share it with me, please let me know.

Virtuoso

My flask has been to every concert with me over the last few years. It supplements trips to the bar. In fact the last show my son locked my keys in the car and I had to wait over an hour for roadside. It was a much nicer kickback with the flask (and my son) to keep me company.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    I use one when shoveling snow. My neighbors can't figure out why I can go for hours and seem so cheerful- until the catch a flash of stainless in my hand from the glow of the street lamp. OGD 100 or 114 work great!
    Now that is a great idea.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Restaurant man View Post
    In fact the last show my son locked my keys in the car and I had to wait over an hour for roadside. It was a much nicer kickback with the flask (and my son) to keep me company.
    For the sake of all the other drivers and pedestrians on the road that day I hope your son took the wheel after you emptied the flask.

Enthusiast

I enjoy using the flask quite often. Best not to be too obvious about it, but it has been a good friend. Many folks I know ask what I might have on any given adventure, as they are quite willing to take a pull. In fact, I have noticed the flask has become more common to see around here. As for Etiquette? Just be prudent and use some common sense.

I went to a show the other night and had about a half hour wait until curtain. Doggone if the 4 oz didn't even make it to the first number! Only thing I'd say- If you're gonna take one, just make sure it's sized right for the event. Next time the 8 oz is going in...
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

Virtuoso

It holds about 5-6 oz and it was BEFORE the concert. And although he has his license, the world is far safer with me behind the wheel
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden

Guru

JP I think flasks are cool, used one for years. The problem is in most jurisdictions transporting alcohol in a flask (even full and tightly screwed down top) is still legally an open container because it's not factory sealed. Silly I know, but a $250--$500 fine and taking time off from work to hear a stern lecture from a judge is not worth the hassle.