Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast

Re: "Truthiness" in whiskey information sources

I think to get good information you need multiple sources. It helps control differing opinions and agendas and gives you a more well-rounded perspective. Luckily, we have a lot of great sources in the whiskey world. K & L, Cowdery Blog and Newsletter, WA blog and mag, Sku, Sour Mash Manifesto, SB, etc. That's a lot of high quality writing and information, and most of it is free.

The K&L blog is great; and I don't use that term lightly. I don't know of any merchant blog in any field that is even close to that good.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Well, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. As it happens those same notes are still the blurb on the website.

Maybe I am misreading it! Maybe "The most talked about little rye is finally available to the general public." is really subtle code for its being talked about because it's marketing campaign is untrue.

And perhaps "It almost feels like they've steeped it in spices after distillation" is code for the fact they would have to put spice in it after distillation because somebody else did the distilling.

OK, I am going a bit overboard. Just poking a little fun!

Although I see the selected review for Templeton Rye on the website is from the fine folks at none other than Wine Enthusiast!

Coincidence? Hmm...
    I like the way you think. My organization, Conspriacy Enactors of Histortical Theory (CEHT), is looking for a treasurer. Interested?
    Mark

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mark fleetwood View Post
    I like the way you think. My organization, Conspriacy Enactors of Histortical Theory (CEHT), is looking for a treasurer. Interested?
    Possibly! What does it pay? I accept cash, check or bourbon...
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
    Unless your definition of "thin-skinned" is different than mine,
    I agree with you regarding his job but disagree with the rest
    of your statement.
    Exhibit A: http://spiritsjournal.klwines.com/kl...ne-basket.html

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
    Exhibit B - I'm telling you it's true. But I am getting better. The more you put yourself out there, the more you have to be ready to take it.

And, yes, those Templeton notes were written years ago. Chuck, you are correct in that this was a look back at to what my tasting notes once were.

I have an email guys! You can always just ask me if you're curious about something

I appreciate all the kind words. Honestly, especially during these months. It is a very fine line. As a retailer, you can't go too far. I'm lucky that I've gotten away with what I have.

daviddriscoll@klwines.com

Guru

Gosh, the imagery of words. Since 1783, since 1795, smelling up the house with bread recipes to get the right yeast, first registered distillery, rediscovered great-grandad's original recipe, we make it the same way we always have, well, we can't ignore the appeal. A close friend of mine still believes Jack Daniels is a small production operation in a hollow in Tennessee.

Regards,
    Squire