Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WLW or Saz18??

Connoisseur

Re: WLW or Saz18??

Wow, I am surprised it is unanimous that everyone would take the Weller and leave the Saz. I wish you guys were the shoppers in my area

Disciple

If it's a gift, get the Saz 18. Unless the receiver will understand a cask strength Wheater, and most average drinkers won't, the Saz 18 has more obvious appeal.

Connoisseur

While this year's WLW is good, I find the Saz to be so much better! Go for the Saz and become your giftee's amazing angel.
    "this hobby is supposed to be fun. When it stops being fun, check yourself, because you're doing it wrong." Charles Cowdery

Virtuoso

I think White Dog's point is well made. Weller is absolutely my choice as well, but the Saz18 is more universal in appeal (standard proof, impressive age statement) in terms of a gift.

i was able to get 3 bottles of WLW 2012, and coming to the end of the first bottle it's knocking my socks off. Love it.

both for yourself, something else for the gift

Advanced Taster

Both, then decide which you should gotten 2 of.

Guru

If it were me (and I were buying for me), I'd go with WLW. I've just not been as impressed with the Saz 18 as I'm supposed to be (which isn't a ding on it; just candid observation that it doesn't hold the value to me that it does for many others). I've only had one WLW (2010), but it was amazing. Almost as good as GTS :-)
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Disciple

WLW or Saz18??

Quote Originally Posted by darylld911 View Post
    If it were me (and I were buying for me), I'd go with WLW. I've just not been as impressed with the Saz 18 as I'm supposed to be (which isn't a ding on it; just candid observation that it doesn't hold the value to me that it does for many others). I've only had one WLW (2010), but it was amazing. Almost as good as GTS :-)
    I've had more than one WLW; beyond that, this speaks for me exactly.
    Jim

Guru

As a gift I'm sure either would be appreciated, for myself I'd choose the Saz. On the other hand if the recipient isn't that choosy about spirits for the price of either of those you could get two bottles of good stuff and keep one for yourself.

WLW all the way unless you want both (my choice). Dont dismiss the THH if it is available as it is an amazing rye.