Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Connoisseur

"But Always Fine Bourbon" now in ebook format!

The famous book "But Always Fine Bourbon" by Sally Van Winkle Campbell is now available as an ebook! It truly is a great read, I've already been through the hardcover twice in the past few months.

http://mytabletbooks.com/Index.aspx?merid=134

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: "But Always Fine Bourbon" now in ebook format!

This is interesting, and the price is right, but I wonder how they're handling the pictures, which are a huge part of what is a coffeetable-style book. I know some ereaders, like the standard Kindle, don't handle pictures very well. The standard Kindle is black & white, as are a lot of the pictures in the book, but it doesn't even handle those well. I guess it's epub format. All it says is "File will work on most devices."

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    This is interesting, and the price is right, but I wonder how they're handling the pictures, which are a huge part of what is a coffeetable-style book. I know some ereaders, like the standard Kindle, don't handle pictures very well. The standard Kindle is black & white, as are a lot of the pictures in the book, but it doesn't even handle those well. I guess it's epub format. All it says is "File will work on most devices."
    I use a FBReader on my (Ubuntu Linux) laptop, and I have the Bluefire reader on my Android. The text formats very well on my Android, but the pictures are very small and are not scalable. By contrast, on my laptop the pictures are about the size one would expect in a book, but the text has small errors in word spacing, probably due to a conflict between the file and the reader.

All in all, I'm quite happy with it. It's a handy way to take the book with me on trips, and the price is fantastic.

Novice

Thanks for the heads up! Just purchased the ebook (looks fantastic on iphone) and now looking at buying the hardcover through buffalo trace's estore. Still enjoy the tactile quality of physical books.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by duofold View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Just purchased the ebook (looks fantastic on iphone) and now looking at buying the hardcover through buffalo trace's estore. Still enjoy the tactile quality of physical books.
    If you call Buffalo Trace instead of placing the order online you can request a signed copy.

Guru

Great book but I prefer the printed version. Then again I still write with a fountain pen so what do I know.

Advanced Taster

eBook version = free download