Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Apprentice

Burgled Bourbon?

So today I was robbed. Bourbon was burgled. Not just any however. This was an opportunistic robbery by low lives who wouldn't have known what was in front of them. Considering 5 bottlings of Parker's heritage, ah hirsch and weller were on the same shelf they just grabbed what they could. Including 5k worth of electronics, jewellery and cash. So what was stolen?
    An 06 gts, pappy 15, pappy 20 and a pappy 23. All bottles I hadn't opened or tried ever before. All bottles which are impossible to find here in Australia. So I guess it's goodbye to chances of me tasting pappy forever. What a shit day. So has anyone ever had their bourbon burgled?
    Signature Not Coming Soon to a screen near you.

Guru

Re: Burgled Bourbon?

That definitely sucks - sorry to hear that. I've not had any bourbon stolen (thankfully never had our house broken into). Hope no one was injured
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Enthusiast

Nope, but thought the likelihood was great enough to covert an old gun safe into a bourbon cabinet a couple months back. Built shelves and felted the entire inside.

Great for keeping kids out too.
    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by awachatz; 11-22-2012 at 06:02.

Guru

Villains! Hate that for you. We were robbed a few years ago, but that's the one thing that was untouched. Insurance covered what was taken, so no big in the end.

Virtuoso

Burgled Bourbon?

Sorry to hear about the theft. Just another reminder to drink what you have before its too late!
    "A man comes from the dust and in the dust he will end-- In the meantime it is good to drink whiskey."
    -->WhiskeyWonka<--

That really sucks. I know it's a long shot, but maybe they'll find the people responsible, and you'll get at least some of your stuff back. Hang in there Dale.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Trippah and Admin

Sorry to hear about your break-in. That really sucks ass.

A former member had his home broken into and the kids who did it had a helluva party in his basement bar. I don't recall if the culprits were ever caught.

I keep the bulk of my stash under lock and key in the unlikely event that I suffer the same.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    Sorry to hear about your break-in. That really sucks ass.

A former member had his home broken into and the kids who did it had a helluva party in his basement bar. I don't recall if the culprits were ever caught.

I keep the bulk of my stash under lock and key in the unlikely event that I suffer the same.
    That thread is here: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?14107-bourbob-go-bye-bye

Sorry about that! What a rotten thing to have happen!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Quote Originally Posted by B-Zero View Post
    So today I was robbed. Bourbon was burgled. Not just any however. This was an opportunistic robbery by low lives who wouldn't have known what was in front of them. Considering 5 bottlings of Parker's heritage, ah hirsch and weller were on the same shelf they just grabbed what they could. Including 5k worth of electronics, jewelery and cash. So what was stolen?
    An 06 gts, pappy 15, pappy 20 and a pappy 23. All bottles I hadn't opened or tried ever before. All bottles which are impossible to find here in Australia. So I guess it's goodbye to chances of me tasting pappy forever. What a shit day. So has anyone ever had their bourbon burgled?

I hate to tell you this but the person who did this has been in your house before. They knew what you had and where it was. Trust me on this. You were robbed by someone you consider a friend.

Paul
    Last edited by p_elliott; 11-22-2012 at 09:58.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Advanced Taster

This is horrible. Sorry to hear this. I hope you can find other Pappy.

I'm rarely concerned with theft because I live in a building where you have to get through 3 entrances with 3 different keys to get into my place but I'm always worried about the next big earthquake here in California. I have everything in 12 bottle wine shippers because of my paranoia and I don't want people to know what I have either. The thing is, is that a thief could easily leave with them because they are packed and ready to go.