Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Enthusiast

Burgled Bourbon?

I'm sorry for your loss. FWIW, if you ever travel to SoCal, PM me and the first pour of PVW is on me mate.

Guru

Re: Burgled Bourbon?

Bad indeed B, but since other salable items were stolen it sounds like they were grabbing what looked like something that could be easily converted into cash.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    I hate to tell you this but the person who did this has been in your house before. They knew what you had and where it was. Trust me on this. You were robbed by someone you consider a friend.

Paul
    Yep, first thing I thought as well but unusual they would leave a couple other sought after expressions.

Sorry for your loss. That really sucks!
    "There's nothing better than a fine dinner, a good bottle of whiskey and a bad girl"

Connoisseur

I'm sorry to hear about the break-in. On top of the lost goods, the violation feels awful.

That and the low-lifes who grabbed the whiskey probably think it tastes much worse than flavored vodka or cheap beer...

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Firstly, that sucks! I can't imagine there'd be a worse feeling! I hope the home & contents insurance covers some of the cost?

Dale, where abouts in Brisbane are you? Whilst I unfortunately don't have any spare bottles I could pass on to help you replace what was taken, I do have some open bottles of the Pappy 15, 23 and an 04 GTS that I'd be more than happy to share next time we have a Brisbane SB gathering.

Enthusiast

Dale that is truly tragic my friend and to someone in my close vicinity too. I would be inconsolable as well. So, so sorry to read the actual prized items they stole, what a great pity, it was probably some delinquents who had no idea what they were pilfering. So close to xmas as well... definitely make yourself available for the next Brisbane SB gathering, we will make it worthwhile.

It is no secret that I love that elixir of the gods, bourbon.

My condolences as well. 2 years ago someone robbed my place and got away with some cash and a few other small items, but even so I felt very violated that someone was in my private space uninvited. I received an email from the police that I thought was quite humorous that said "due to the low solvability factors " blah blah blah.
    I thought it was a nice way of them telling me it wasn't worth their time.

Paul

Guru

A client called me one morning to say his home was burgled the night before, the police weren't being very helpful, what should he do? Told him to contact his insurance company and let them deal with it.

Apprentice

Just an update on the situation. My insurance company has agreed to replace the bottles to full value. That means if they can't find the bottles through their suppliers I can nominate equivalent bottles. They continued to say if I was able to track down the bottles through my sources they would buy the bottles. I told them I was a serious collector and they agreed I would have better luck finding the bottles as no one on their office had heard of any of the bottles, this is Australia and the land of Jim beam after all. So far I can get two of the stolen items from within Australia and the other two I'm going to try my luck and nominate substitute bottles at ridiculous prices and see if they agree. Looking good at this stage!
    Signature Not Coming Soon to a screen near you.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by B-Zero View Post
    ... I'm going to try my luck and nominate substitute bottles at ridiculous prices and see if they agree.
    I'd probably word statements like the above a bit
    differently on a public forum but that's just me.

Good luck with getting the missing items replaced.
    John Q.
    Tennessee Squire
    Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva
    It won't be any cheaper than it is today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Someone will pay it. Someone always pays it.