Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Apprentice

Finding a matching barrel # of 4 Roses Single Barrel?

I recently purchased a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel and liked it... a lot.
    I ordered a glass at a hotel lobby bar last weekend and wasn't so impressed. It was good, but not in the same ballpark.
    Stopped by a liquor store that had two bottles on the shelf with different barrel numbers, then went back to where I originally bought it and they had 6 bottles, all with different barrel numbers. I'm guessing they mix them up before they ever leave the distillery? Was going to post the bottle number up here, but I peeled the barrel number off and put it somewhere so I wouldn't loose it, and of course have. Ah well, no reason to be attached to it.

Connoisseur

Re: Finding a matching barrel # of 4 Roses Single Barrel?

That's why they call it single barrel. Not to worry as all the Four Roses single barrel bottles(100 proof) are made from the same recipe so all you need to do is just keep trying more of them. Try some of the major retailers bottlings as they can be exceptional.

Advanced Taster

Your palate can change from night to night too.

Guru

I have 4 or 5 bottles on hand, I will buy one when I see different barrel and warehouse numbers.
    A favorite if mine is from the US warehouse 10-1D barrel that I bought in the Spring of 2011, the fruity yeast comes thru more over the spicey mashbill.
    ovh

Virtuoso

As someone that buys the FRSB by the case, the locations are always mixed up. I doubt it's by any specific design. Just the nature of dumping, warehousing, and bottling. Hunting whiskey is already difficult. I'd hate to have to scour the area for a 8-4F.
    I second the recommendation for store special Bottlings, when we did our single barrel, we picked from 5 barrels and obviously we felt we got the best of the five. The other 4 I guess become FRSB.
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero"
    T. Durden