Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Virtuoso

Re: Hello from Louisiana

Howdy and welcome from Michigan Dan.

Glad to have you here and would like to learn more about your enjoyment of the Big Green Egg. Been thinking about one for years.

Best regards, Tony

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Manthey View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Good to have another person from the area in here. Look me up if you make it to NOLA.
    I'll be there in 4 weeks with my wife for our Anniversary weekend. Naturally, I'll be catering to her on that trip.

I know that you can't throw a rock in the quarter without hitting a bar, but are any that stand out as good whiskey bars? I don't know if you make it to Baton Rouge much, but if you haven't been there already, make it a point to go to The Cove at Citiplace. It has a ridiculous selection of whiskey and beer.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ChainWhip View Post
    I got all of them but ended up giving the single bottle of ER17 to my brother (he did get me bottles of WLW '12 & VWFRR).

For the other Fall limited editions, I scored a few bottles of PHC (both batches) & 4RSmB LE 2012.

Oh, lately I've been getting into Tequila as well - Corrido Reposado (single barrel), Anejo, & Extra Anejo, Crotalo Anejo & Extra Anejo, Don Pilar Anejo, Pueblo Viejo Orgullo Anejo, 7 Leguas Anejo...

If I can get a few more bottles of VWFRR, I will spend the cash but I'm done until the Spring (unless I can source a Lagavulin 21 or a PC10). I suppose there's always something else that'll spring up to spend my $$ on...

;-)
    I've been working at getting the 4R SmB LE 2012, but so far without success. I haven't given up hope yet. I'd love to score a bottle of the most recent PHC too.

I'd like to try some really high end Tequila, but the last thing I need is another liquor obsession. Besides, my cabinet is jam packed at the moment.

Enthusiast

@aea6574 Thanks Tony. I absolutely love my BGE. I got the large one about 8 years ago, and liked it so much that I got a small one to keep it company several years ago. Rarely a week goes by that I don't cook something on it. It really is hard to ruin food on an egg.