Hi SB Folks,

I've been a bourbon/whiskey drinker a little more than 20 years (since high school) and serious bourbon drinker about nine years. My "awakening" occurred in 2004 when I was living in NYC and tried Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye for the first time. I was hooked on the good stuff after that and over the years I've had my fair share of excellent bourbon (and horrible bourbon also).

I currently have about 65 bottles of bourbon/rye/whiskey ranging from garbage (Yellowstone, Prestige) to basic (BT, OW107) to craft (Delaware Phoenix, Oola, Stein) to good sourced (High West, Smooth Ambler Old Scout, Willetts) to high-end (PVW23, GTS, Jefferson's 18). I'm a pretty good scavenger and I admit that I do enjoy the hunt (reminds me of when I was a kid collecting baseball cards and comic books; also, I'm in the research business, so I'm sort of wired to collect information). I know I can find it, but I also need to get a good price (ok, sometimes I may pay a little premium). I tend to drink it all neat, with a drop or two of water, or, on the lower-end, mixed with club soda. I'll have a cocktail on occasion and I recently made some infusions for the first time but I'm really all about drinking it with as little fuss as possible.

I hope I can contribute some good insight and such to SB as time goes by.

P.S. - Seattle has some great bars/restaurants with outstanding bourbon/rye/whiskey selections (Canon, Liberty, Bitterroot) and our local distilling scene is putting out some good juice (Woodinville, Oola, Bainbridge Distillers, Golden Distillery). If you're planning a visit to the area feel free to contact me and I'll try to answer any questions or offer some advice on where to go.