Quote Originally Posted by Crowes View Post
Is there a logical reason why one state can get the Special Reserve and the Antique but not the 12 year?
For starters, it's 12 years old. We all know what kind of dent the bourbon renaissance has put into aged whiskey. You'd probably see less availability on even the OWA and SR, if not for the dropping of the age statement on them. Fans of the 12 should count themselves lucky that it's available anywhere. I'm pretty sure that the talk on this board 5-6 years ago was that the 12 yr was being discontinued. It certainly has gone through very, very prolonged droughts of availability. Also, up until a couple of years ago it was available in maybe 2-3 states...if that?...Heck, it may have been a Kentucky only product ~2004ish. Honestly speaking, I'm surprised that as many states that carry it have been named. But, I'm doing my part to increase availability for my SB brothers and sisters. I don't much care for it, so I don't buy it. The last bottle I bought, was just because I could, as it had just appeared here in Jawjuh...